CHAPTER 104

"What are you talking about?" Nicole's eyes widened slightly at his question and her defensive mode went up.

"You know clearly what I'm talking about." Lucas snapped at her.

Lucas understood and had a strong hunch that it was her who was behind the fire incident.
So he investigated and it wasn't long before he found out that it was her who had some connection with poisoner's poison incident.

He got the messages that the culprits of the fire incident had from Xander's subordinates. As it's the matter about the safety of Scarlett, he had Xander are both working together.

It was really her. He had Nicole investigated and it turned out it was really her.

As the glass shard grazed against the skin of her neck once more, red blood streaked along it and made a terrifying line.
"Tell. Me."
"Where. The. Fuck. Did. You. Find. It?!"

"I-I....I..stop, p-put..it down." Her voice shivered due to intense fear.
She had never been in such a situation before.
Always having all the men around her fall to her, wanting to be with her, for the first time she has faced such raw hatred and anger.
I-I...I didn't."

"TELL ME THE FUCKING TRUTH!"
He roars loudly in anger, smashing the glass bottles around.

Lucas had called her here, as soon as he confirmed his suspicions.
But he didn't realize it would affect him this much.

He couldn't control himself. The very thought of not being able to see his Lettie anymore or her passing away due to that vicious poison made him want to smash everything and ruin it all.

"I SAID TELL ME THE FUCKING TRUTH!"

"The red shirt guy!" She quickly answered him, not wanting to be at the end of his madness, alone in this room, she quickly picked up her heels and ran out.

Lucas didn't stop her. Hearing her words, his mind got distracted by the information. It was this thirst of wanting to know who was actually after Scarlett's life.

Picking up the phone, he dialled his subordinate.
"Bring that guy out. Take him to Rodriguez Mansion."

"The old mansion?"

"Yes. Get it done right away. I'm coming in a few minutes."

He has already captured all the suspicious persons that came out in the investigation and this red shirt guy was exactly the one who had been the most suspicious and to confirm it, he had called Nicole here.

.
.
.

.
.
.

.
.
.

"Sir, h-he....al-also committed....suicide."

"Under your watch?" Lucas asked as he flipped the last page of the document he's holding.

"Yes, Sir. It was the same as the previous suicide case." The subordinate replied.

"How was it same?"

"We found the same mark on his body as the ones on previous suicide captives." He explained.

Lucas hummed before looking up at the dark sky through the huge open window this night.

With no stars in the sky, it looked like a burdened man who just lost his reason to struggle.

"Hmm. How funny." He muttered at his own absurd thought before getting up to leave to meet Xander.

.
.
.

.
.
.

.
.
.

.
.
.

Just what the fuck Scarlett looks in him?
Lucas thought to himself as he stared hard at the man sitting in front of him. They had met this night, specifically to talk about the updates on the case.