CHAPTER 33

May this Diwali light up your lives just as the lights of diyas does
May your life be as colourful as the colours of Rangoli

Wishing you all a very happy and prosperous Diwali ❤️

                   __________________

Third person's pov

Xander didn't want Scarlett to get involved with Lucas. That Lucas Rodriguez.

But he didn't do anything except clenching his jaw. His fists were clenched too.

Scarlett sensed his mood so she immediately hung up saying "bye" to Lucas.

Though she still wondered who saved his number in her phone.

Xander on the other hand felt pleasant when she hung up the phone.

Though he immediately left his room without even wishing her good night.

He planned to stay in his study for the night.

It is better if he stays away from her. He shouldn't get too close to her.
He shouldn't get too attached to her.

He realised she was affecting him. She was affecting his emotions, his mood, his everything.

So he decided he'll maintain his distance from her. He doesn't need anyone and especially not her.

He has lived on his own , lived alone. He can do that for the rest of like too.

Though she's his. Only his. He won't let her go anywhere.

But he will find out who was behind putting the glass pieces among the rose petals and hurt his Triantáfyllo.

                ______________________

Scarlett's pov

I was hurt.

Why he is acting so sudden just so sudden?

He was alright a few hours ago.
What happened then?

He must have gone to some other room as I'm sure he isn't going to sleep here tonight.

And it's also not like we are lovers or something so he has to sleep here, with me. We are just two strangers who are going to get married.

I sighed.
Keeping my phone in the bedside table, I laid down again.

Thinking about it is not going to help me. I should just sleep.

          _____________________________

A few days later

I was still awake at 4 today in the morning. Sleep just wasn't coming to me.

The sky was slowly turning from midnight blue to sky blue. A few stars could still be seen.

I wanted to go have a warm glass of water but I didn't want to get up.
Just sitting there and looking out of the window was a calm feeling. I wanted to sit like that all my life in that moment.

I just sat on my bed wordlessly thinking about various things at the same time.

My parents are staying with me. They are going back to India day after tomorrow.

Xander and I still haven't talked after that day. Don't know what's up with him.
Though he did drop me off at my apartment next day but during the whole ride, he didn't even look at me let alone talk to me.