CHAPTER 36

"I don't get it.
You said I'm important to you but
you still make me feel
that
I'm not worth your time."

___________________________________________

Scarlett's pov

"WHAT?" My eyes widened.
I gulped nervously before quickly looking away from him.

"We have to consummate our marriage, sweetheart." He smirked at me with his hand tangled in my hair.

I didn't even realize when he got my hair tie out and my black waves fell down till my waist.

But suddenly I remembered that red stain on his earlier crisp white shirt and my blood boiled in anger.

"I don't want to do anything with you."
I snapped with my lips pursed in anger.
"You shameless creature. Go away."
Saying this, I tried to wriggle out of his hold but to no avail.

"Why so, darling? That's your duty as a wife." He again spoke so "sweetly."

Ughhhhhh, this stupid idiot. What does he think of himself.

"You...." I pointed my finger at him.
"You go to Neverland and never come back." I huffed looking away from him.

"Also, do not remind me of my duties as a wife. I know very well what I have to do. One of which is to take you upstairs and not let you sleep here, You idiot." I spoke again in anger.

My breathing was even. I'm not sure if it was because of my anger or because of how close we both were sitting to each other. His warm hand still on my waist sending sweet sensations through my body.

He looked surprised at my outburst.
Cocking his head to left side, he looked at me,
"You know you are the first person to call me an idiot." He stated as a matter of fact.

" I don't care. I'm going to sleep and you better come upstairs."
Standing up I took a step towards the door but again got pulled back to his chest. I realized he too stood up with me.

"Don't try hard. You won't win. I'll never accept you as my wife." His husky voice whispered in my ear.

I can't believe how he can say such harsh words in such a sensual manner.

"Don't underestimate your wife, sweetheart." I spoke softly cupping his cheek in my left hand.

I looked in his eyes.
There was no emotion in those emotionless beautiful eyes.

My heart ached for some reason.
Do I really not mean anything to him?
Well, that's a good thing on my part anyway. We both won't be hurt if we don't get attached.

I gulped and gave him a little smile.
"Let's go."

We both went upstairs to his room.
I still won't call his room as our .

"So...uhmm." I cleared my throat.
"That couch should be enough for you right." I nodded my head at him fully knowing that couch is clearly not enough for such a huge person as him.

He looked with his eyes widened a little at me.
"You... don't expect me to actually sleep on the ...couch, right?"

"No, of course not." I joked.

"Really?" He asked looking at me incredulously.

"Nope. It was a joke."

He raised his left eyebrow.

"Obviously you are going to sleep on the couch. Just how dumb you are?" I

And the moment these words left my mouth, he had me pinned to the adjacent wall.