CHAPTER 28

" she was one of
the rare ones
so effortlessly
herself.
And the world
loved her for it."

- Atticus

Scarlett's pov

"I invited them here." A voice called out from behind.

I turned to look at who spoke. It was Maria.

Why would she call them?

"But Badima...." Xander was going to speak but Maria cut her in between.

"Xander, they are professional photographers that I've hired. I want to your photos to be absolutely perfect. You both look so cute together. I want your babies to adore you when they look back at your wedding pictures." She said grinning widely. Her eyes shone so much happiness.

But her words made me blush. Thanks to my a little tanned skin, it wasn't showing much but still I felt my cheeks warm up.

Palming both of my cheeks, I looked towards Maria and shook my head with a shy smile.

Xander on the other hand, shocked me, by actually smiling at me on Maria's remark. He looked......I don't know what to call that but ....maybe pleased.

My mouth remained open for the second time today.
I didn't see him coming to stand in front of me until he tipped my chin to close my mouth and whispered in a deep, husky voice, standing really close to me,
"Close your eyes sweetheart, our future babies won't appreciate you doing that in our photos."

His hands were rubbing circles on my bare waist. His warm touch sent shivers down my spine.
I closed my eyes for a moment to feel his touch.

"I'm sure they won't appreciate us in this position too." I whispered back.

His hot breath tickling the skin of my neck.

"How would you know?" I looked at him on this.

"What?" I breathed.

"How would you know they won't appreciate? We need to make them first, my Triantáfyllo." He whispered huskily. His deep and velvety voice doing things to my body.

His lips grazing the skin on the base of my neck, going upwards leaving little pecks on the way top.

I closed my eyes. What must Maria and those photographers must be thinking of us?

He has no shame. Oh god!!!
He shamelessly touches me whenever he wants.

Don't say as if you don't like it. You enjoy his touches equally. Admit it. You love how his touch makes you feel.

My inner voice said back.
Why must she always interrupt me?

Although, she might be a bit right.

My thoughts were interrupted by a sting on the bare skin of my waist.
It didn't take me long to realise he just pinched me on the waist.

I was right, so shameless.

I looked at him with accusation in my eyes.

His eyes shone with amusement on watching me.
"Don't get lost in that pretty little head of yours so often, Triantáfyllo. I need your time."

"and attention." He whispered in a low voice as if he didn't almost want me to hear it but I did.

And this made a warm feeling erupt in my chest. I wanted to spend a whole day with him, exploring his depths, his beautiful eyes, his melodic chuckle, his blinding smile.
His velvety textured voice that always left me breathless.