CHAPTER 94

"Umm....I don know."
I stuttered.

Walking towards him, I smiled awkwardly and answered,
"Maybe someone put it outside by mistake."

Xander just nodded before walking past me towards that bouquet of roses.
"It's a mistake then. But I don't like someone giving roses to my wife, even when it's a mistake."

Turning around, he flashed me a cold grin.
"So, let's throw it away."

Yeah sure.
I had no qualms about throwing this bouquet away so I didn't say anything.

By why do I feel a bad premonition? Did I forget something.

He turned around and carelessly picked away that bouquet of roses but just then a note slips fell down from amongst the flowers.

Oh...!
The note slip!
That's what I forgot.

I immediately panicked.
"Xander, let's-"

But it was already too late. He has picked up the note and read it already.

Looking at him being silent and not saying anything, I actually felt a bit anxious.

So disregarding whatever might happen, I walked forward and pulled on his arm a little.
"Xander."

Biting the inside of my cheek, I explained.
"It's....It's Lucas, okay? I just...."

I ran my hand through my hair before looking up at him again.
"I mean I know you don't get along with him and I just did not want you to get angry about Lucas again."

As I spoke the last few words, my voice became even more timid and week.

It was something I did not want to bring up.
Because quite clearly, Lucas was indeed the reason why Xander and I had a big fight before I got hospitalised before.

And when I know that they both don't get along together so I didn't want to mention Lucas.

Also, I remember the words I said to Xander before during the New Year's party and I did not want to think about them or bring them to ruin the somewhat warm relationship that we have right now.

Plus, the biggest reason - today's the Rose Day, the start of Valentine week and I wanted Xander to celebrate it happily with me.

"Why would I get angry about Lucas, that insignificant person?" Xander said indifferently but if the previously smooth paper note in his hand that was now crushed into a crunched up ball was anything to go by, he was surely mad with anger.

Or ....maybe jealousy?

But I did not want to expose him, so after hearing his words, I stepped forward once more swung his free hand into mine and grinned.
"Yes, why would you? So let's throw it away and quickly make me something warm to eat."

Listening my words, he smiled too and went out to threw the flowers and returned soon.

.

.

.

.

~*~

.

.

.

.

"Triantafyllo."

"Yes?"

"Come with me."

"Where?" I got up from my sleeping position on the couch now to sit as I heard him speaking.