CHAPTER 58

"Don't worry little heart, they're
only feelings, so care a little
less, the ride will be much more
than what it seems."

- r.m.drake
__________________________________________

Third person's pov

Just a few inches and he'll lose his Triantáfyllo.
No, he can't let that happen. He moved fast and quick.

Only a little more difference was left between Scarlett and the chandelier.
He needs to be fast.

The moment he took another step, a loud thud was heard and then the breaking of glass followed.

His heart stopped beating for a moment. All he could think was his Triantáfyllo, his rose might be there, under the broken chandelier.

He quickly ran towards her but tripped and fell, the glass pieces pierced into his arm and legs.
But he didn't stop.

He didn't stop until he reached his wife.

He sighed a breath of relief when he saw only the Chandelier was there, broken chandelier.
His wife wasn't there.

His gaze moved in search of her and stopped when he saw her being engulfed in the arms of someone else.

That person must have saved my wife. He thought and walked towards them to thank him.

*
*

Scarlett was pulled at the end moment from under the chandelier by someone.
That someone was her dragon, Lucas.

Lucas was there too at the party. He didn't see Scarlett until few moments ago when she was dancing with Elray.
Lucas wanted to go talk to her after the dance and that's why he quickly followed her after she took off from the dance floor.

It seemed like she was going upstairs. Lucas was behind her.

He saw her argument with Nicole and decided to step in but that exact moment, his gaze wandered above and stopped at the Chandelier shaking over Nicole.

It was only when Scarlett pushed Nicole out of the way and unknowingly herself got under the Chandelier, that Lucas got back to his senses and quickly lunged forward to grab Scarlett.

Thanking God, he was on time or else he doesn't even want to think what could have had happened.

Taking her I'm his arms, he hugged her tightly. Scarlett was still shook with what happened just now or what could have happened if Lucas wasn't there.

"Thank you so much." She whispered to him.
He shook his head.
"You don't need to thank me. I'm always there for you." Lucas said to her back.

She closed her eyes but opened them quickly on hearing Xander's voice,
"Triantáfyllo."

She quickly got out of Lucas's arms and went towards Xander.
He also quickly walked towards her and tightly engulfed her in his embrace.
On seeing this, Lucas's face displayed a hint of hurt but he masked it quickly before anyone could notice.

"I was so scared. I thought I had lost you." He pulled back a little and cupped her face in his hands. His face was filled with worry and concern for her.
He showered her face with little, feather like kisses.

He pecked on her forehead.
"I'm so glad you are safe." Then he kissed her eyes. "I ran as fast as I could but I feared I would be too late."
And next came her cheeks, lightly kissing them, he again took her in his arms,
"I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have let you go alone. I wasn't there with you. I should have been there with you."