CHAPTER 143

"Will my wish.....come true?" His quiet, deep and somewhat hoarse voice sounded as his eyes gazed up at the midnight dark sky embedded with quite a few twinkling stars.

After the Karva Chauth ritual, he also broke his fast with her and they ate dinner together. And all this while, Ryan kept asking him why the hell has he even observed this fast but he only he knew the reason behind his actions today.

It was currently late in the night. His head tilted to the side, gazing towards the now closed door upstairs and a soft sigh left him.
"She must be asleep by now."

Although he said that but his eyes spoke of something entirely different.
They gazed at the closed door as if guarding something precious inside it, almost like a beast guarding his treasure.
His eyes, those dark and deep pools of abyss were shining with a possessive light and a dangerous glint flashed in them as he thought of today.

I have kept this fast for her. Even while being injured, I still observed this fast, didn't eat or drink anything until I saw the moon with her.
So.....if there is truly anyone about, can you please let her stay with me?

It was an extremely simple wish of his.

But so sad and tragic at the same time.

The man whom everyone feared and respected, the man who commands the attention wherever he goes, the man all too powerful to not even put god in his eyes was......here, observing this fast, attracting the almighty's attention just so.....

......she can be his.

His eyes held a lethal glint as his expression contorted into one of extreme determination.

She would be his.

***

The same day. A few hours ago.

"Mia, I don't know what to do. He got hurt because of me and I just felt so bad....so, I kept the karva chauth for hil but....."

"But what?" Mia asked her best friend over the phone as she tidied up the cushions spread unevenly on the sofa.

"But....I'm wondering if he will even come home tonight, what if I starve?" Scarlett wanted to say something else but ended up saying something different. She subconsciously didn't want to think of it.

But Mia still understood her friend's hesitation. She stopped her with for a moment and sat down.
"What happened, Scar? I feel you are hiding something from me."

"..."
Scarlett didn't know what to say. She has almost shared everything with Mia and Kat. These two were her bestest of best friends but....she felt so conflicted right now.
"Mia...."
She licked her lower lip in anxiousness.
"Xander got to know about it."

"About what?" Mia furrowed her brows at her words in confusion.

Scarlett sighed and closed her eyes shut before whispering, "He knows about the one year agreement."

"The one year agreement?!" Mia shouted out loud instinctively. "Didn't he already know about it?"

"No." Scarlett whispered back.

"Fuck dude!" Mia facepalmed herself. "Why didn't you tell me before?"

"What was I supposed to say?!"

Mia sighed. "Anyhow, it's not too late. Your deadline of one year isn't up yet and it's obvious you want to stay with him. Just.....try to explain to him."

"You think I haven't tried?!" Scarlett snapped. "He isn't even ready to listen to me!"

"Scarlett what the fuck have you done? Of course, he won't listen to you! He's hurt right now. He must be feeling betrayed by you!" Mia massaged her temples. Here, she was trying to make her best friend realise that she's in love with her husband but then that very best friend tells her she didn't even tell her husband of such an important thing!