CHAPTER 128

"Hey, Maria!"

"Oh, hi! Scarlett, what bring you here today?" Maria smiled as she welcomed her inside the house.

Scarlett smiled back in response as she tightly clutched her bag and went inside.
She doesn't know why but she somehow felt nervous as she thought about the reason she had come today to meet Maria.

She needed to clear all misunderstandings and what's the best way than to first clear her stance with Maria, after all she's the only close family of Xander. And about his parents....no, only father, she doesn't even want to think about it.
It would be considered fortunate if she doesn't curse at him when she meets him! How can a father neglect his son so much?

"Scarlett?" Maria called out to her as she noticed he being in a daze.

"Oh yes?" Scarlett blinked as she dabs back to present from her thoughts.
No, she needs to concentrate right now....

"Would you like to have some tea or juice?" Maria offered as they both took a seat on the sofa in the living room.

Scarlett sat opposite to Maria. She thought for a moment before declining Maria's offer.
It's better to quickly get it done and go back. Xander would also be waiting for me if I get late....plus, today's the first day we'll be sleeping together....with clothes on of course.
She blushed at her own thoughts.

"So no tea, no juice, would you like to have some water, dear?"

Scarlett quickly shook her head.
"No, no water also. Actually, I'm her to discuss something with you Maria."

"Oh?" Maria seemed surprised.
She blinked her eyes in confusion and after a moment of thought, she nodded her head,
"Well, sure. What is it you want to discuss?"

At her words, Scarlett discreetly looked around, more like tried to because discreet actions didn't escape Maria's eye. Maria almost guessed her actions but she decided to be silent and let Scarlett speak on her own.

Scarlett looked around to see if any maid or servant was around and once she didn't see anyone, she nodded in her relief inwardly but still felt this place wasn't discreet or secluded enough.
She didn't anyone, not even a single other person to intentionally or accidentally hear their talks and then go tell Xander which would create a misunderstanding between them.
So hesitated a little before asking Maria,
"Umm....can we move to a bit more secluded and silent place?"

Hearing her question, Maria only looked at her with her inquisitive gaze but at the end, she didn't say anything, got up and gestured to Scarlett to follow her.

Scarlett also quickly got up and followed her.

Soon, they reached the side hall beside the stairs leading up on the first floor.

***

"One year agreement?" Maria frowned.

"Yes." Scarlett nodded.

"Which one year agreement?"

Scarlett looked at Maria. It seemed as if she truly does not remember anything. Then, is it true that people start forgetting things when they reach a certain age? But....Maris isn't that old to forget things.

She frowned slight but soon decided not to bother about. Even if she doesn't remember now, what if she remembers later? I have to clear this with her first. So, she took a deep breath and explained,
"The agreement that we had at the beginning as an exchange for me to marry Xander Knight. It said that I'll be married to Xander for a whole year and if after that year, I feel the same, I can withdraw from the marriage and divorce Xander without any restrictions. All was done just to let him live his life a little more freely, with a bit more fun and excitement."