CHAPTER 90

Clouds layered across the sky in thick density this day. The rays of sun seemed like they were playing hide and seek with them, coming and going the other moment as if they could just slip out of one's hand at any moment.

Xander had not slept the entire night yesterday. He was awake all night, sitting beside his Triantafyllo, just as her guardian.

And yes they were still sleeping in separate rooms as it had only been a week since she was discharged.
And he had yet to bring up the matter of sleeping in the same room with her.

He sighed.
"ómorfi mou, triantáfylló mou."
He placed a long kiss on her forehead as he bent down and stood up a few moments after.

"Hmm?" Scarlett stirred up as she felt a soft and warm touch upon her face.

"Sleep sone more. I'll get something for you to eat." He gently pushed the strands of her hair sticking out behind and again laid a soft kiss on her lips before getting up.

"Uhmm....don't go." Scarlett murmured in her sleep as her hold on his arm grew tight.
He sighed and let her pull his arm.

After a few minutes when he heard her soft and even breathing again, he tried to slowly slide his arm from under her head but just as an inch was moved, she stirred up again and instead held him even more tighter.
"Mat jao."

She murmured in her sleep. Xander couldn't understand what it meant but from the sound of it, he knew it must be in Hindi.

His heart felt warm as he looked at his beautiful rise clutching his arm so tight, it showed that she also didn't want to let him go.
That made him feel nice.

But his eyes turned dark as he thought about the various things that have happened recently. Only almost three months, just within three months to their marriage, so many things have happened.

If he still didn't know that someone is deliberately behind this, then he must be blind.
But he needs to investigate it deeply.

The only clue, the red shirt man that was caught at the hospital when Scarlett was anxious and his two men that were caught by Lucas, they are all dead.
The previous two had committed suicide by the poison hidden under their tongue and the red shirt man was personally killed by Xander the day before yesterday.

So far, no useful information has been acquired.

He needs to find the mastermind but he also doesn't want to leave his triantafyllo behind alone. Except himself, at this moment, he couldn't trust anyone else.

There are Ryan and Beth but he doesn't want to trouble them as they have already been dragged in this mess by him.

Clenching his fist with force, he looked at the angel face beside him with softened eyes as he swore in his heart, I swear I will destroy the one who harmed you.

Last time, he was bound by her, but this time she knows nothing so he will never bend down.
The only person he has ever knelt down to was, has been and will always be his triantafyllo.

.
.
.

~*~

.
.
.

"So what you are saying is that a man came here to get this?" The man with a soft beard questioned the shopkeeper at the chemist store.

It was the same chemist store where Elray had come before when he got to know that his mother had poisoned Scarlett.

This man was the subordinate of Xander sent to verify the authenticity of the words told by Elray.

Elray had already confessed that his mother was the one who had poisoned Scarlett at the Bew Year Eve's party but the peculiar thing was that the poison administered was not the poisoner's poison but a different kind that would only render a person feeling cold and unconscious for a week at most but not take a person's life.