CHAPTER 14

Always pity the thinkers,
  for they are cursed with their own
                        imagination..

-atticus

"What? What did you say?"

"Me? I said nothing. Nothing at all." He gestured to himself saying this.

I just turned my head away and continued showing him around.
He kept on irritating me with his stupid comments like," oh, yeah, sure you know better." Or " oh, yes, your highness."

He and his sarcasm. Ughh!

There was this one time, I tripped on my foot and was about to fall face first on the floor but thankfully two strong arms caught me in time, unfortunately...well maybe a bit fortunately, those arms belonged to Mr.Smile.
But this time, he was not smiling. He looked truly concerned for me.
"You never walk carefully. How many times I told you to not try to walk fast in heels?"

"But..."

"No buts. You.." it was as if he realised what was he saying and stopped.
I couldn't understand him.

"Let's go. I'll drop you off at your place." He said walking away.

I caught up to him and said, "it's alright. I can go by myself."

"I didn't ask you."

"You... listen...." I wasn't able to complete my sentence as I was dragged away to his car in the parking lot.

The car drive was silent. He looked deep in thought so I didn't disturb him.

We stopped in front of my apartment and stepped down. He came out too.
It was a little awkward.

"Thanks for the ride home." I said with a tight lipped smile on my face.

He looked straight ahead and nodded at me but I saw him stiffening when looked in front.

Following his gaze, I saw that Xander was standing there looking at us.

He came forward and stood before us.
His jaw was clenched. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards himself. Due to my short height, I collided with his hard , muscled chest. It was so hard but yet warm at the same time.

I was so lost that I didn't hear Lucas saying," I came to drop Ms.Williams off. I'll go now."
He turned around and got inside his car and drove away.
Xander kept looking till his car disappeared from sight.

He turned around and hugged me tight. His lips were grazing the skin of my left ear." Stay away from him." He whispered in his deep, husky voice.
I probably would have admired his voice and his lips on my skin if he didn't just order me.
Who is he to order me? Huh

I pulled myself away from him.
"You are no one to tell me that. And why should I stay away from him? "

"You are going to listen to me. And why should you stay away? That's not for you to know." His jaw was still clenched.

"And what were you doing with him. He isn't in college as far as I know. Is he...
.... your..." He added.

"My ...what?"

"Your. Your boyfriend?" He asked.

"What? No, ofcourse not. He's not my boyfriend. Besides, I would have already told you if I had one when we last met. Which reminds me, you still hadn't answered my question." I smile mischievously.

His eyes widening only a little told me he remembered that. He knew what I was asking about. Still chose to act innocent.

"What are you talking about? I don't remember anything."