CHAPTER 68

"because I could watch you for a single minute,

and find a thousand things that I love about you."

(cm)

___________________________________________

THIRD PERSON'S POV
___________________________________________

Everyone present there turned to look at Ryan with a questioning look in their eyes.

"What the fuck does he mean, Ryan?" It was Beth this time.
Knowing that both Ryan and Xander does not like Lucas, it came as a shock to her to know that Ryan called Lucas Rodriguez here.

Xander couldn't understand a single thing but he knew there must be a reason as the why his best friend did such an unexpected thing.

He gazed back at Ryan only to find him looking back at him.

"Can we talk outside for a minute?" Ryan asked Xander.

Xander was hesitant in answering. He didn't want to leave his Triantáfyllo alone. But he also wanted to hear to Ryan.

Ryan on understanding his dilemma, said,
"It's alright. Beth is here. And it will only take a minute."

Listening to him, Xander sighed and nodded before going back towards his wife and softly pecked her on her head and walked out.

"But Ryan...." Beth didn't get even get to complete what she wanted to say as they were already out of her sight.

Beth huffed and turned around. Her gaze fell on the hunched figure of Lucas sitting near Scarlett's bed.

The way Lucas was looking at Scarlett, it made it clear he had feelings for her.

Why is he looking at her like that?
Beth wondered in her mind before walking towards him and dragging the chair to sit near him.

She observed him carefully. There was longing in his eyes and desperation and sorrow etched onto his face.

"Do you love her?" She bluntly asked. She wanted to know if he did or not.

Without missing a beat, Lucas answered.
"Yes."

And he slowly moved his head upwards to look at Beth.

"Since when?"

"Three years."

To say Beth was surprised would be an understatement. She clearly did not expect this. Thinking that Lucas must have met Scarlett in some business party, she thought Lucas must have known her only for a few months. But she was dead wrong.

"You don't seem enraged to hear my answer." Lucas chucked, wanting to know her reaction to his words.

"I'm not. It was clear you loved her but what I didn't expect was since this long."
Beth answered truthfully. It was now clear why both the guys - Xander and Ryan didn't like him.

Though, there was one question swirling inside her mind, she desperately wanted an answer to.
So that's what she did, she straight out asked Lucas.
"Are you here to break them apart?"

Lucas turned his head to look at Beth for a minute before he gaze returned to Scarlett. He very well knew what she meant by "they" - Xander and Scarlett.
"I don't know."

"What?" Beth scrunched up her eyebrows in confusion.
What does he mean by that? Beth thought.

Lucas heaved out a sigh before opening his mouth to speak.
"I know that I love her and of course, I would want her to be with me. At first, I didn't even know she was married but I won't lie, when I got to know that she's married, my first thought was to steal her away from her husband and it just grew more strong when I got to know that her husband was none other than the Xander Knight."