CHAPTER 124

His hands around her waist, pulled her closer and as his tongue slipped out and entered her mouth the moment her lips parted. Their tongues mingled around, wanting to taste each other, not leaving a single crook or cranny. It was as if he was a wanderer travelling in a desert who finally found an oasis but his kiss left a feeling....as if that oasis was just a mirage.

Why do I feel as if he's sad? She thought in her mind.

Her hand clenched against his chest, fingers fisting the crumpled fabric of his shirt as she tried to steady herself.

Maybe that's just my usual extra stupid imagination.

What she didn't know was that he was indeed feeling sad. He felt anxious, angry and a hot rage surged through his mind and and body the moment he would even think about his Triantafyllo with another man, wanting to rip that person apart with his own hands so that his heart would calm down.

At moments, he felt terrified of his own love for her, to the extent that he could go for her.
He knows....he knows very well that if she does cheat on him, he wouldn't do anything to her. He can't...he just wouldn't be able to bring himself to even hurt a single strand of hair on her head but the person she cheated with would not be so lucky.

It would be his good fortune if his body could even be buried in one piece.

But that's something he doesn't wanna let her know. He doesn't want her to know of his dark, such cruel thought. He doesn't wanna taint her shining light with his pitch black darkness.

Scarlett, on the other hand, was completely unaware of his thoughts. Her mind was completely on the kiss. This time, it felt different to her. Usually, his kisses leave her feeling overwhelmed and excited but today, why does this seem to leave a feeling of melancholy?

What is he doing? Does he feel lonely?
I only asked a question and he abruptly kissed me?

However, before she could ponder more on it, he abruptly withdrew from the kiss, leaving her breathless. His forehead rested on hers as they both tried to calm their fast breathing.

"Does that answer your question?" His whisper, mixed with heavy breathing sounded in her ear and she looked up at his face that was just a few centimetres away, his nose almost touching hers.

She wondered about what he said.
My question? And kiss?

"I am breathless without you." He answered for her upon seeing the confusion in her eyes. A wry smile on his face.
His hands came up to cradle her face as if she was something so extremely delicate that might disappear with just a wrong touch.

She got what he wanted to say and her eyes widened as she realised the meaning behind his words,
"Means...."

"I can't live without you. You are my fucking oxygen, triantafyllo!"
His eyes held such an intense gaze that it made goosebumps rise on her skin as she felt the emotions behind his words.

So, does that mean even if I do cheat, he'll.....
She shuddered at acknowledging the sheer depth of his feelings. She almost didn't want to believe it, didn't wanna believe that a person could have such deep feelings or another.

But....
His kiss said it all, his eyes conveyed everything. His agony, his sadness on even thinking I'll cheat....I expected anger but not sadness.

However, he composed himself soon and hugged her waist.
"Let me ask you one question too."

Scarlett tilted her head and looked at him, nodding.

"Would you love the one you cheated on me with?"

"No."

Her quick reply without any hesitation made his smile. That's my Triantafyllo.