Chapter 8

Trust the vibes
you get,
Energy
doesn't lie.

Scarlett's pov

I looked out of the window. I don't even want to look at him. He's so confusing.
First forced me to get in his stupid car, well, the car's not stupid actually. Its a really amazing car . But the owner,the owner isn't amazing. Infact, he's nowhere near amazing. He's stupid.
I don't know why I even listened to him in the first place.

We reached the front gate of my university. I was about to get out but he beat me to it and opened the door for me instead. This was chivalrous of him.
But still, he's stupid for turning off Taylor swift. I mean who turns her off. I love listening to her songs.

Anyhow, I got out of the car.
I turned around to thank him but all I met with was thin air. He already drove away. God knows what's in his mind.

I turned around and walked towards my first class, economics. I kinda like it. It's an easy subject. I don't even have to study for it much. Mostly, I just revise my notes and done. Which reminds me I have this test today in business.
As I was thinking about this , I bumped into a hard chest.

I looked up and was met with green eyes pleading to me.
Oh, shit! I totally forgot about him.
Sean! Oh my god!
I don't know what to do.
I mean is there a specific way to deal with a person you knocked out but actually not on purpose.

I looked up. From the look on his face, I could tell he was sorry , for whatever happened. I don't even want to talk or think about that right now.
I was hoping for my day to go smoothly but naah, it can't ever go as I want, now can it?

I decided to anyway talk to him. He's still my friend. And also, he needs to understand I'm never gonna reciprocate his feelings. He's hurting himself. I don't like this.

"Hey , Scar!" He smiled at me.

"Oh, hi. I'll talk to you later. I'm late to class."
Screw talking to him. I can't.
Not now.

I hurriedly walked towards my first class.
Mentally noting I'll talk to sean during lunchtime, I started to take my notes.

I was in my last class of the day now.
But my mind wasn't concentrated on teacher's words.
I was busy thinking about those children and Maria's offer. We just have one week. I don't what to do.
I don't want to marry a stranger but again where will those children go.
That orphanage has been their home ever since. They have so many beautiful memories there. I have so many memories there with them.
And if I can do something to help them I should. I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't even realize when class ended.

Only when someone tapped on my shoulder, I got out if my thoughts.
I turned around only to see Sean standing there with his navy blue backpack on his right shoulder.

" Scar, I just ....I ..
I wanted to .."

" What? What are you trynna say?"

He took a deep breath.
" I wanted to say sorry for that night at the party. I shouldn't have done that."

" It's alright, Sean. But you know..."
I was cut off by him.

"No, lemme complete first. I know it was wrong of me that night but it isn't wrong me to like you. Just give me a chance, Scarlett. I promise you won't regret it.
I'm just asking for a single chance, please Scarlett." He pleaded

I don't know what to say. Even if I do give him a chance, it'll be just false hope. I know I'll never like him that way.
Thankfully I was saved from answering him by Carson who dragged him away for their football practice. Oh, did I forget to mention, Sean's the Captain of football team too. Isn't he just perfect? But not for me. He deserves someone who'll return his feelings with the same passion and I know I ain't the one.