CHAPTER 110

***

"What lover?" He blurts out his thought unconsciously but realising once again that she's not sober, he sighs.

What can he expect from the drunk her?
He shook his head before carefully lifting her up but in the process, without his knowing, their foot got entangled with each other and as he tried to sit up, the fell once again and-

Xander got stunned. So was Scarlett.

Was this how the cliche scene from those novels feel like?
It was the only thought that came to Scarlett's mind the moment her lips touched his as they fell down.

For a while, neither of them moved and an overwhelming silence came over the room.

"We should get up." He looked at her in the eyes while saying this and she quietly agreed with him, still stunned.

However, neither he nor she moved an ounce.
Scarlett was the one to break this silence by saying something completely unexpected.

"But....I'm jealous."

Xander's eyes widened once more.
What did he just hear?
Did she really admit she was jealous?

He kept on looking up at her.
Whichever rumour it was, I thank you so much.
He smiled inwardly and had this sudden urge to just hug her quickly against his chest. However, he wanted to see what else she would do first.

"Wait...I think I'm jealous. Is it jealousy?"
She kept on blabbering as he continued to stare at her.

"But isn't this what being jealous feels like?" She pouted, furrowing her brows together before looking down at him.
"I mean I was happy, you were gone-"

Xander's heart almost sank at her words, almost misunderstanding what she meant, however, her next words made him breathe a sigh of relief.

"Honestly, at first, I was mad. How can you not tell me before you go? It's not like I'm gonna not let you go or cling to you....then why?" An upset expression took over her face as she gazed down at him, her beautiful dark brown eyes cast down as she bit her lip.
"But I still tried to understand you. I mean I know how....just...we don't really have a good relationship enough for you to tell me where you go or something but..."

She raise her downcast eyes and looked at him straight in the eyes.
"But at least we live together, so don't you think you should have told me? But it's alright. I'm not complaining."

However, Xander only had a soft smile lingering on his lips all this time.

"Ah, I know you just my imagination and you're not gonna speak but....it's just too sad." Her voice lowered as she closed her eyes once.
"I felt...I don't know. Maybe I felt bad or something.....but what I'm sure about is that,"
Xander looked at her from beneath, a strange emotion floating in his eyes as his grip on her waist tightened.

"Instead of that lady in green, I wanted to be the one next to you."
Her gaze firm as she said these words.

Xander's heart shook at her eyes and he took a deep breath to calm himself down. He felt agitated at her words, wanting to just scoop her up and bring her closer to himself, kissing her, hugging her and assuring himself that she is by his side and that this is not a dream, that he is not imaging her on his own, that she is truly saying these words to him and-

That she also thought of him all this while.

And he sat up with her still in his arms and brought to sit down on the bed before pulling her to lay beside him, his chest supporting her back.

His head buried in the gap between her neck and shoulder as he sniffed her alluring scent.
A smile formed on his face but the question he wanted to ask was still hovering on his mind,
"Triantafyllo."