CHAPTER 9

Take my hand
and give me
a reason
to start again.

We reached her place in a fifteen minutes.
I didn't turn on music this time.
If he silence, then let it be.
He can enjoy his silence, Mr. Silencer.

We went inside. Xander went straight upstairs where I assume his room would be.

"Scarlett! I was waiting for you.
So tell me, how was your first day?"
She asked smilingly.

Does she know? Did Xander tell her?
Of course he must have told her. He's stupid. Oh god! What Maria must be thinking of me now ?

"Ohh, umm... My first day .... Hmm
It , uh it went okay. Everything's good."
I answered.

She didn't think much of it. We both went towards living room.
Wow! Their living room was sooo amazing.
They had so big couches. One could easily sleep on them . I mean I could.

As I was admiring their living room, I saw a beautiful painting of seahorses on the left side of the room. It covered half of the wall. It was so mesmerising.
Blue was a dominant colour in it.
It had yellow strokes which made the painting so much more captivating.

As I was admiring the painting, Xander walked downstairs.
I needed to talk to him about today morning too.

"Scarlett, come darling. I made dinner for you. Not me really but I told the maid what to make and she did. I'm sure you must be starving. Come." Maria called me. I didn't even realize when she left the room.

So, I just followed the maid who came to fetch me. It was a big mansion.
Really really big. But as much it was big , as it was beautiful. I wonder exactly how many rooms are there and windows too.

Xander wasn't at the dinner table.
It was just me and Maria. We had our dinner in silence.

" So Scarlett" she started.

"Did u think?"

"What? What did I think?" I was confused.

She took a deep breath.
" Did you think about my proposal?"

OH THAT!
PROPOSAL!

I didn't really think about it all day.

Well, Xander doesn't seem as a bad person . Sure he's stupid but not bad I guess. He did come to pick me up tonight himself, even if Maria told him to. He could've simply said no or sent someone else. Also, I saw how much he cared about his badima. I'm sure he's not a bad person.
Also, it's good for me too. He doesn't talk much. We both will stay out of each others way.
But I still want to know why exactly Maria wants him to marry.
Also, if he's a billionaire, he might be having a lot if girls at his feet already.

"Maria, I would first like to know the exact reason why you want him to marry." I said.

She looked at me for a few seconds before starting, " I want him to live his life, enjoy his life, know what life is. I want him to know what a life partner is and how beautiful life becomes because of them. I want him to get out of his work obsession. Life is a beautiful thing and one should never ignore it. You don't know him, I want you to know him. He can be hard at times. Confusing too. He needs someone to show him the beauty of living , this world. "

I just kept looking at her. Her words sounded sincere and beautiful but I still didn't understand her. What she meant by it all.

On seeing the confused look on my face, she said, " All I want is someone to change his boring routine of work and sleep. He gets so immersed in his work that he forgets to eat food. I know he's not going to himself find someone for him so I did. And I know you are the best Scarlett. You are the one for him."
She said it so earnestly.

I don't know about all this but I guess it won't hurt to try. Also, this way , those children will have a roof over their head too.

And we can always give divorced after a year or so. Hmm sounds like a plan.

"So you mean to say is that I can disturb him during his work , right? He needs to enjoy and he can't enjoy while being workaholic." I said grinning.

"Of course, my child. Disturb him all you want." She replied back with a full blown smile in her face.

She called Xander to drop me off.

He came downstairs wearing a suit.
Wow, is he always wearing suits only?

He was driving in silence. He didn't look at me all this time.
I wonder if he knows about the marriage thing. I'll have to talk to him.
Also , I need to apologize for today morning too.

"Umm... I wanted to say sorry for today morning. It was unintentional. I didn't mean to."

" You don't have to apologize. what's happened , happened. It can't be changed."

Is he taunting me right now? I'm apologizing and here he's showing me attitude.

" Listen mister, I admit a bit of it was my fault but you don't have to make such a big thing out if it. It was my first day."
I snapped.

He just raised his eyebrows at me.
"Oh really? I shouldn't make a big deal out if it when I got late to my meeting because of you. I had to wear a different black suit afterwards. Only because of you. You are at fault not me."

"Whatever, it happened in the morning. Now it's night. I don't carry around morning happenings." I brushed it off.
"Also, what do you mean by a different black? Black is black only."

"For you. Not for me." He answered back.
I could see he was purposely trying to provoke me.

"Whatever. Just drop me off and go."
I know I was being an idiot by saying this but I can't help it now.

We stopped in front of my apartment.
I was going to open the door but he held my arm from behind.
I looked at him. He looked at me.

"What?" I asked.

He left my arm and looked in front.
" Nothing"

I went out but I swear I heard him whispering,
"Good night. Rose."

I was hearing things I concluded.

Kat was in the kitchen when I reached inside. She was making dinner.

I remember I have to tell the girls about my decision of marrying.
They know about the orphanage situation but was unable to help with anything.
I don't know how they'll react after hearing my decision but I have to tell them.

I decided to reveal it to them in the morning.

"Hey Kat. What are you making?" I asked from behind.

"I'm making spaghetti and meatballs.
I also made fettuccine Alfredo. U know you love it." She said smiling at me.

I'm afraid how I'll tell them my decision.

Also, I already had dinner at Maria's place but still I love fettuccine Alfredo.
I'm not letting this go.

We both had dinner and wishing good night, we retired to our respective rooms.

God, please help me in this.
I hope I made the right decision.
I don't want to regret it.