CHAPTER 114

***

"Sean, its not...I...actually-" she tried to explain but he again cut her off.

"Didn't you think about me? About how hurt I would be?" His tone went down.

Scarlett slowly raised her head to look at him. It seemed as if he wasn't ready to hear anything from her, he just needed to vent but...she doesn't want to be the person he could vent on.

She had already rejected him numerous times and it was he who stubbornly held onto a false hope.
And she understands that to love or not is a person's own and she can't force him not to love her but that doesn't mean she'll have to understand him at every point, even at unreasonable choices of his.

However, this was all she could think right now but not say outright. She felt pathetic, so pathetic that her body was trembling right now from being scared instead of pushing him back. An unknown dear enveloped her whole self.
Each cell of her body was screaming for someone to come help her but the rational part of her mind knew that no one would come, no one unless she called someone to her rescue but right now, even speaking was seeming difficult to her, that's why she felt so pathetic.

She knew that only she can do something to save herself. Almost all the students must have already left. Her last class was an additional subject which not many students opted for, if out of 100, only about 10 would opt that subject. So she knew the campus must be almost empty by now and the dorm building is on the far west side of the building where she was right now with Sean.

Plus, her phone!
She wanted to take out her phone to text Kat, Mia or even Xander but....she was trapped between him and the wall. It was cramped space and on top of two people standing together, it became more small. Due to his hand on either side of her, she couldn't bring out her arm to reach for her phone in the bag.

Shoot!
At this moment, she remembered the advice of her friends had given her in high school, telling her to keep her phone in her hands at all times whenever she's out instead of keeping it in her bag. It would be useful in situations like she was in right now.
However, at that time, she hadn't listen to him she insisted on her habit of keeping her phone inside her bag whenever she's out walking or travelling. For some inexplicable reason, she liked to keep her hands empty. It felt good but now she has learned her lesson - safety is way more important instead of feeling good.

"AAH!"
She had been so lost in her thoughts that she didn't even realise when Sean came closer to her and grabbed her chin hard, pulling her cheeks together, her lips puckered out due to the movement.

'Why are you doing this?'
She wanted to ask him this but she was hurting because of the pain due to his grip. He gripped her chin hard enough to leave marks and she was sure that glaring red marks would already be there once he loosened his hand.

"Why don't you understand, Scarlett? Do I not look good? Do I not have money? Tell me! What do I lack?! WHAT DOES HE HAS THAT I DON'T?!"
Sean had clearly lost his sense of mind at this moment.

"Why don't you love me?" Murmuring, he again looked at her with tears in his eyes as if she had done something wrong to him.

"Uh..Ahem...." She struggled against his grip on her face.

Unexpectedly, seeing her struggled, Sean let out a laugh,
"Awww....look at you, the golden girl of our college... how do you feel now?"

He put his hand down from her face and she finally felt a little relieved. She wanted to quickly rub her cheeks hard to erase his touch from her face.
But her hands were still by her side, with her body trembling violently, she wasn't able to do anything.