CHAPTER 141

"Today will be the day." Karla smiled evilly as a dark glint flashed in her eyes before she slowly peeped through a small gap between her room door and the wall.

Suddenly, a message flashed on her secret phone. It was unknown number but Karla knew clearly who this number belonged to.
"I've done what I needed to do. Now you go do your part."

Karla quickly texted back.
"I know what to do."

A messaged soon followed by the unknown number, "Don't fail this time. Kill her cleanly."

After sending a simple thumbs up, Karla looked at this message for quite sometime.

What has the Knights done to her that this woman harbours such deep resentment for them? Enough to make such a long term, carefully laid plan?

Of course, Karla also hated the Knights but only because among them was the Xander Knight, who could be a threat to her son's position as the legitimate heir of the Woods Corporation. She doesn't hate them enough to make such a long laid plan and even have the patience to wait for so many years just to make that plan successful.

But no matter what, Karla knew she had to do what the woman wanted.

After all, that woman has spent so much efforts to make Derek take away the bodyguards that are  stationed at home by him to keep an eye on her. She doesn't know what that woman has done but just half an hour ago, Derek hurriedly called home to get the bodyguards to drive away for some urgent work, leaving only four outside her room to guard.

"And those four can easily be taken care of by me." She looked down at the extremely small bottle with some transparent liquid inside it.

Coming close to the small gap opened between her door, she placed the bottle horizontally on the floor at the edge of the door, with itself lid off as the liquid flowers out, before taking a cigarette lighter from the table and lighting up the liquid flowing out.

With the help of the fire, the lit up liquid soon turned into gray gas and spread outside her room.

Karla had already covered herself up, especially her face with a mask so that she doesn't accidentally inhale this gas and faint.

"This gas can make a person unconscious for full five hours." She smirked, "Derek, now how will you stop me?"

A wicked laugh sounded in her room.

The corner of her lips curled up into an evil smirk as she remembered what happened few days ago.

FLASHBACK

"Don't worry. I won't fail. This time, I'll definitely make sure to take her life." Karla spoke into the phone as she looked out the window, waiting to see when Derek would return. It was almost evening and he usually returns from work at ten in the night. So if ahead goes out now, she'll have plenty of time to execute her plan.

Hmph! Xander Knight has made my company like that! He ruined my Woods Corporation! My son was supposed to inherit the billions of that empire but that bastard Xander ruined everything! So he can't blame me for what I'm about to do....

With an evil smirk on her face, she turned around but that smirk soon faded away and a shocked expression took place on her face.
"Derek...."

"Who were you talking with? Who are you going to kill?" Derek, with an intimidating stance took a long step towards her. His eyes were cold and unwavering, the intensity in them was the same as Xander's. They were truly both father and son.

Seeing this resemblance made Karla hate Xander even more. But she knew shouldn't show such expressions right now so she quickly smiled and walked toward him.
"It was nothing, Derek. Why would you think so? Do you even think I can kill someone?"