CHAPTER 27

"I have passed by many eyes,but I only got lost in yours."

Scarlett's pov

Everyone was happy. Their faces were glowing. And especially Maria's face. Her face had a glow I haven't ever seen before.

My parents were equally happy.

I was wearing the gown Maria chose for me. It was beautiful, pink in colour with shimmer on it.

Pink was never my favourite but still most of the clothes I owned were of pink colour

Pink was never my favourite but still most of the clothes I owned were of pink colour. Strange.

I was in one of the rooms in Maria's house with two stylists along.
One was busy in doing my makeup and the other was there for my hair.

I told Maria there wasn't any need for this as this was a small function but she didn't listen to me.

"I want to do this darling, let me."

Saying this, she waved off what I said.

Shaking my head at my thoughts, wait....can a person shake their head at their thoughts?... Umm..let it be,so yeah, shaking my head at my thoughts,I looked myself in the mirror.

The stylists were done with their work.
They did so great.

The girl looking back at me looked so beautiful. Her black hair curled so beautiful, leaving a few strands on the side of her face making her look even more pretty. Her lips a shade of baby pink looked so soft and full.
The light blush on her cheeks and her eyes, her eyes stood out the most.

Her dark, eyes, the colour of the sand, looked so mesmerising with the golden eyeshadow.

She looked truly divine.

But from inside, she was feeling the opposite.

I know I was feeling the opposite.
No matter how much I talk to myself, try to convince myself, no matter how much I try to pretend as if it's nothing big, I'm marrying out of an obligation is nothing big, no matter how much I think I won't be affected by it.

But the truth is I will be affected and very strongly affected by it. My whole life is going to be changed. I'm going to be someone's wife. Just two hours later, I'll be someone's fiancé tonight.

And this a damn big thing.

Taking a deep breath, in order to calm my nerves, I remembered what I had thought,

Don't overthink, overthinking leads to nothing. let it be. Just .....just let it be. Don't complicate your thoughts. You are doing fine..

And look on the brighter side. You are going to get a beautiful and kind and understanding mother in law.
And not one of those evil mother in laws  you feared.

The step to happiness is acceptance.
Accept it Scarlett, accept it.
Your life is going to change and it's not necessary it'll change for the bad, it might be the best Change of your life.