Yup. You try to forget that too.

You haven't seen Louis since the confrontation with him. You also haven't talked to Clementine since the break-up. You haven't seen any of your friends since New Year's Eve.

New Year, New You, you thought.

There was one time you watched Clementine walking down SoHo from the top of a building. You don't know if she knew you were watching or not. Maybe she did.

You had a feeling that the whole "another guy" thing Louis told you was just a lie to get to you. But, you wondered if the whole "different paths" statement she told you was true. What if she meant it? Maybe taking a break would be best.

Whatever. You had the black suit. You're on top of the world right now. Who needs friends?

• •

It was the evening. You were almost about done with your patrol, when you see something down the street in the neighborhood of East Village.

You stick to the side of a brownstone, watching a man with a woman and boy. The man was yelling as he walked, which is what got your attention in the first place.

They're about to enter a car, when the woman says something the man doesn't like.

Man: Once again, quit asking. Bitch.

Woman: I need to kn—

The man slaps the woman, startling the boy. The woman reacts by talking back to the man. This causes him to grab the woman by the hair.

Not on your watch.

THWIP!

You swing towards them and land behind the man. You grab him and throw him against the side of the car. You punch him.

You: You think it's okay to treat a woman like that, huh?

You don't let him respond, and you punch him again.

You: In front of a kid?

You punch him again.

The woman was appreciative at first, but after the next two punches, she tries to stop you.

Woman: Okay! Stop!

You don't listen, and you punch him again.

Woman: Stop!

She tries to grab you, but you push her away. She falls on the ground near the boy.

You stop punching once you realize what you've done. You look back at the boy, who's scared. He's probably more scared of what you were doing than what his father had done.

You let the man go, letting him plop down onto his bottom near the car.

You: I'm...I'm sorry.

THWIP!

You swing away, ashamed of what you did. You let your anger get the best of you.

The same anger you had against Tombstone.

The same anger you had against Sandman.

The same anger you had against Louis.

All this anger started once you began wearing the black suit. Whatever alien parasite went into your bag was manipulating you.

You had to get rid of it.

• •

THWIP!

You swing to a church nearby, landing inside the bell tower. You look at your hands, feeling the anger building up.

You try to rip off you mask, but it's tougher than before. You keep on pulling, until the alien matter begins to become stringy.

You hit yourself against the side of the large bell, causing it to ring. The loud sound and vibrations hurt the alien suit, and it screams.

You keep on hitting the bell, which is making it easier for you to pull the alien off

You keep on hitting the bell, which is making it easier for you to pull the alien off. It's still hard work, though.

You: Argh!

You keep ripping it off, yelling loudly as the alien continues to fight back.

Below on the ground level, is Gabe. He arrived to the church the same time you did. He heard the bell and yelling, and went to investigate. He looks up the staircase, and sees you. He whispers to himself.

Gabe: Y/N?

You continue to fight off the symbiote. The sound and vibrations prove to be too much, and it begins to let itself be ripped off.

You lay on the ground, only in your underwear. Exhausted. The symbiote was finally off of you.

Meanwhile, the alien had found a new host.

Some of the matter fell onto Gabe's shoulder. He tried to wipe it off, but it got stuck on his palm. Then more of the symbiote fell onto him. He began to scream as the rest of the alien matter began to engulf him.

He went onto his knees as the black matter started to wrap around him. It then fully bonds with Gabe, lastly covering his face. He lets out a growl, exposing his white eyes and sharp teeth.

He is now Venom

He is now Venom.