Envy

{Two Days Later}

Carnage has been on a mission taking down those who wronged him, mostly the enforcers that tried to kill him before.

You've been trying to track him down but he was so hard to find. Every time struck he was gone from the scene when you arrived. He was swift and accurate with his targets.

You are going to continue your pursuit, but tonight you had something to do...

• •

You arrive at The Grimes residence. You knock on the door, and Rick Grimes answers.

Captain Grimes: Y/N, I'm glad you were able to make it.

You: Can't let Carl do all the planning by himself.

Carl and Sophia are going to get married later this year, and you are a groomsman. You remember him asking you about the idea of marriage over a year ago. That was the same day Scorpion attacked.

You came over to help plan what the formal wear would be and look over possible venues.

Rick lets you in, and you see his wife Lori in the living room with Judith.

You: Good afternoon, Mrs. Grimes.

Lori: Hello, Y/N. How's school going?

You: Three more months until graduation, then real life begins.

Rick pats your back.

Captain Grimes: Take a breath, it's not the bad.

Carl comes out from the hallway and greets you. You follow him into his room.

Carl: Man...I can't believe I'm doing this.

You: Weddings are not a simple task. Luckily we're just dealing with the tuxes for now.

Carl nods, and goes over to his computer. From there, the two of you begin the research.

• •

{Meanwhile}

Rick is in his office looking over files while Lori is in the living room with Judith. The doorbell rings, and Lori goes over to answer it.

She opens it, and sees Shane.

Lori: Shane? What are you doing here?

Lieutenant Walsh: Lori...

Lori: I don't think now's a good time to visit...we're b—

Shane ignores her statement and enters the house.

Lieutenant Walsh: I've been thinking Lori...I think it's time you come clean with Rick.

Lori: Come clean? About what?

Shane looks at her, then at Judith. She looks away from the book she is reading and is confused by the sudden arrival of Shane.

Lori and Shane begin speaking in harsh whispers.

Lori: No...get out of here, now.

Lieutenant Walsh: She's mine. You were mine. He needs to know.

Shane looks around and sees the hallway. He knows Rick is in his office at this time. He begins to walk before Lori pulls him back.

Lori: Get out of my house, now!

Shane pushes her away, and she stumbles into a lamp that falls over. Judith is startled from the sudden crash and also alerts Rick.

Lieutenant Walsh: Lori...I'm sorry.