The Helicarrier

{The Next Day}

The quinjet flies over the ocean towards its destination. You sit in a seat with a briefcase by your side. The pilot speaks to Agent Coulson, who sits at a console in the aircraft.

Pilot: We're about ten minutes out from home base, sir.

Aaron takes off his headset. He walks over to Steve Rogers, who sits a couple seats away from you.

You and Steve are taking the same aircraft to their base, and simply exchanged nods when boarding earlier. The two of you haven't really talked yet.

Right now, he's reading from a tablet, which is technology the man out of time has yet to familiarize himself with. He looks up at Aaron.

Steve: So, this Dr. Banner was trying to replicate the serum they used on me?

Aaron: A lot of people were. You were basically the world's first super-powered being.

Steve looks back down at the tablet.

Aaron: Dr. Banner thought gamma radiation might hold the key to unlocking Erskine and Osborn's original formula.

You raise your brow at the mention of Osborn, but let them continue their conversation.

Steve: Didn't work out well for him, did it?

Aaron: Not so much. When he's not that thing, though, the guy's like a Stephen Hawking.

Steve looks back up, not knowing he Stephen Hawking is.

Aaron: He's like a smart person.

You chime in at the last second.

You: You mentioned the serum earlier...who created it again?

Steve decides to reply.

Steve: Dr. Abraham Erskine and Amberson Osborn. They picked me out to be the first super-soldier test subject during the war.

It hits you now. Amberson Osborn was the father of Norman Osborn, and the grandfather of Louis. Maybe Norman tried to replicate the serum that his father helped develop, but it came out flawed. It resulted in him becoming the Goblin.

You simply nod at Steve's answer. Aaron begins to talk to him again.

Aaron: You know, I'm a big fan. It's an honor to finally meet you.

Steve gives a light smile.

Aaron: I've sort of met you. I mean, I watched you while you were sleeping.

Steve then awkwardly looks away from him, getting up from his seat. You try not to laugh at his statement.

Aaron: I mean, I was present while you were unconscious from the ice...you know it's just a huge honor to have you on board.

You continue sitting as the two speak at the front of the quinjet. You're in your own thoughts, mostly thinking of your family. You then hear Steve speak as he walks towards you.

Steve: You and I haven't formally introduced ourselves. I have to get to know those who's going into battle with me.

You: Oh, I'm Y/N L/N.

Steve shakes your hand.

Steve: Steve Rogers.

You: I've heard a lot about you, mostly from my debrief and history textbooks.

Steve: Textbooks?

You: Well, World War II is a big part of our history. There was mention of Captain America in a couple of the pages.