037. there goes the neighbourhood

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, a figure, a man, jumped through the window, and jumped on Stefan before they stabbed him with a piece of glass. Damon pushed him off Stefan and starts to fight the stranger as Stefan removed the piece of glass from himself. Another womanly figure arrived, and began to fight with Stefan. She pushed him to the floor, as he took the leg off a wooden chair and stabbed her in the heart, without a second thought.

Suddenly, a blur rushed through the open doorway, belonging to Natasha. Once stopping, she chanted a spell that caused her to fling the stranger across the room.

"..Why.. couldn't you be Katherine.." The Katherine obsessed figure groaned, getting to their feet as they faced Natasha. "Fredrick." Natasha responded, acknowledging him. Fredrick looked at the lifeless body of the girl across the room, before suddenly disappearing from the house, in a blur.

"Damn it." Damon huffed. "I remember them from 1864. They were in the tomb." Stefan admitted, glancing to Natasha for confirmation. The Pierce girl nodded, "They are from the tomb."

Stefan looked away, trying to figure out why they were out of the tomb, as Damon just looked up to his best friend. "Where have you been? You've been gone for days!" He asked, annoyed. Natasha shrugged, "I went on an adventure." She said, sweetness oozing from her voice.

"What.. where?" Damon asked, offended the girl hadn't invited him. Natasha sighed, "I went to New Orleans to look for her." She explained as Damon raised an eyebrow, "And did you find this so called... her?" He asked, feeling like the Petrova was being awfully cryptic. The Pierce was hesitant, but nodded, "I found her.. in the arms of another." She admitted, putting on a faux smile, trying to hide her hurt.

Damon went to speak, but Natasha didn't want to hear it.. she didn't want anymore questions or even comfort, she just wanted sleep. "I'm going to bed." She said, before vamp speeding up the stairs.

Moments later, Damon decided to head to his own room, but stopped in the hallway as he saw a light down the hall flicker on and off.

Curiously, he walked towards the flickering, and stopped when he found Natasha, in her room, consistently flicking the light switch on and off.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Damon asked, "I thought you were going to sleep." He added. "I was going to but..." Natasha trailed off, as she flicked the light switch back on.

"I'm so fascinated by this thing." She confessed, in her thick Bulgarian accent. "What, thing? The light switch?" Damon asked, seeming to forget that his best friend had been in a tomb for over a hundred years.

"Yes, obviously. It's so much cooler than using candlelight!" She admitted, with amazement. Damon just laughed, causing Natasha to then laugh, though she had no idea what was so funny about her actions.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

As the other girls were asleep, Lexa switched off the television, before placing the remote on the side table, and going to the front door to go outside. Elena, Sienna, Caroline and Lexa had watched movies, forgetting about the chaos of their night.. though it still bugged Lexa. She and Caroline had their share of fights.. but this one actually seemed serious.

Lexa sat in the porch swing, being alone with her thoughts. She really liked Sienna.. she had only become closer to the girl as of recent, but it felt like she'd known her forever.. of course, she still absolutely adored Caroline too.. and couldn't believe the blonde had thought otherwise.

The front door suddenly opened, and out stepped Caroline, to Lexa's surprise. "Hey." Lexa said, giving Caroline a slight smile. "Hey.. what are you doing out here?" Caroline asked. "I can't sleep." The brunette replied. "Yeah me neither."

Caroline joined Lexa on the porch swing, "Hey.. I'm sorry about getting upset tonight.. I should have talked to you properly about it." Caroline admitted, as Lexa listened intently. It wasn't everyday Caroline Forbes apologised.

"The truth is.. I've seen how close you and Sienna are becoming.. and I've been scared that she's going go replace me.." The blonde admitted. "Caroline.. nobody could replace you.. you are my best friend. But now so is Sienna. I didn't think she'd be all that friendly but honestly she's so nice and awesome." Lexa explained. "But.. she would never replace you." She concluded, as Caroline smiled back in response.

"You're allowed to have other close friends.. I shouldn't be so jealous." Caroline trailed off, before she changed her position to cuddle up to Alexia. Lexa felt her cheeks heat up, as she found herself cuddling Caroline back.

As the best friends sat there quietly, Lexa found her stomach bubbling with nerves.. as she had the urge to come clean, and tell Caroline about her true feelings for her. She tried to ignore the millions of thoughts racing through her head, but it was getting the best of her.

"Hey Care." Lexa spoke up. "Yeah Lexa?" Caroline asked, pulling away from the Gilbert to look at her, though their faces remained close. Lexa felt her heart race, almost like it was going to beat out of her chest. Their closeness caused the Gilbert's cheeks to redden.

"I- uh.." Lexa trailed off, stammering. She was never nervous, but suddenly it was like she was forgetting how to talk... and how to breathe properly... and especially how to function as a normal human being. After an awkward moment of silence, Caroline replied with, "Yeah?"

"I uh.. am really happy we talked this out." Lexa suddenly stammered, words spewing from her lips as this wasn't going in the direction she'd planned, at all. "You mean so much to me." Lexa added. Caroline smiled, before she cuddled back up to her best friend, "You mean a lot to me too."