031. the betrayal

Start from the beginning

Elena looked at the papers in Stefan's hands, "What is that?" She asked. "It's a copy of the journal."

"How did you get it?"

"Well, Mr. Saltzman made a copy and was kind enough to loan it to me."

"He did?"

"Not exactly, but I got it."

The pair laughed, as Stefan looked at the papers. A moment later, he has a look of dawning apprehension on his face. "I know where it is."

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Anna walked into the Grill and spotted Jeremy, leaning against the billiard table.

"You just couldn't live without me, huh?" Anna grinned. "Well, I kinda miss my daily dose of cute stalker chick." Jeremy grinned. "Oh, funny." Anna scoffed before she looked to Alexia, who stood beside Jeremy. "Who's your friend?" She asked. "This is my sister, Lexa. Lexa, this is Anna." Jeremy introduced the pair.

"Oh! It's nice to meet you." Anna smiled as Lexa grinned in response, "It's nice to meet you too- I've heard a lot about you!" She teased as Jeremy nudged her, embarrassed. "Shut up Lexa."

The male Gilbert then motioned to the billiard table and said, "Let's play." Anna smiled and nodded before she and Jeremy set up the pool table. "I'm versing the winner!" Lexa demanded.

Damon sat at the bar, listening in on them, he looked away with an expression of recognition on his face. Damon looked back over at Anna, realising who she was. Oblivious, Anna smiled and laughed as she played a game with Jeremy.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

1864

A group of men walked across Mystic Falls, carrying torches and weapons, Johnathan Gilbert was at the head of the pack with his vampire compass out.

At the Salvatore House, Giuseppe watched the Sheriff place a muzzle over Katherine and then Natasha. He'd just shot Brooklyn and shoved her body aside. The Sheriff and another man picked Katherine up and start carrying her off, as two men picked up Natasha and do the same. Damon bolted into the room suddenly. "No! Don't take them!" He yelled as Giuseppe grabbed Damon and slammed him against the wall.

Damon struggled to free himself, as Katherine and Natasha are carried out of the room. The Pierce twins looked over at Damon, too weak to do anything.

"Do you know what they'll do to you if you're branded a sympathizer? You'll be killed along with them!" Giuseppe yelled as Damon grabbed his father by the shoulders and looks him dead in the eye. "Then let me be killed!"

Katherine and Natasha were carried to a cart and placed in it. Damon runs toward the cart, Stefan close behind him. Stefan manages to catch up with Damon and thrusted his arm in front of him, stopping him "Damon! Damon! Stop, stop. I'll help you. We'll get them back."

Damon violently shoved Stefan away, his eyes filled with tears. "Help me!? Don't you think that you've done enough? You promised you wouldn't tell him!" He yelled. "I didn't think this would happen."

The cart with the Pierce twins in it started to leave. Damon and Stefan watched as Katherine and Natasha were heading to their death, before Damon looked at Stefan with intense anger. "You did this. This is your fault." He cried out before he ran off.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

"Oh, hey, Stefan...Where'd she go?" Jeremy asked, looking around. "She went to the bathroom." Jenna answered. "Where'd who go?" Stefan asked.

"He has a friend over."

"Anna."

Stefan's expression turned surprised as if he finally realised who Anna is. Suddenly Lexa walked downstairs, "Hey where's Elena?" She asked. "In her room.." Stefan said, as Lexa frowned, "Uh.. no she is not."

Stefan raced over to the staircase and when he is out of Jeremy and Jenna's sight, he used his vamp-speed to cover the remainder of the length to Elena's room. "Stefan!" Lexa huffed, trying to keep up with.

"Elena!" He called, bursting into the room.

The pair looked around the room and saw that Elena's window was wide open and Elena was no where in sight.