6 #

After breakfast Damon insists on cleaning up so here I am sitting cross legged on the island watching him. "You sure your up for today?" I ask him as he finishes loading the dishwasher and turning it on, he turns to me and crosses his arms. "Will you glue yourself to my side?" he says with an amused smirk but you could see in his eyes that he was being somewhat serious.

 I smile and nod before opening my arms to him, within seconds he is in my arms hugging me before he grabs his jacket "I'm going to go check on Andy but I'll meet you at the grill in an hour" he tell me over his shoulder as he makes his way over to the door "okay honey.'' The nickname slips out without me realizing but I know he is okay with it as Damon wouldn't be Damon if he wasn't giving someone a new name. 

"Bye mum" at his words we both freeze, me about to jump off the island and him with his hand on the door handle, I can tell from his reaction he didn't mean to call me that but my heart couldn't help but melt at his words and I slowly make my way over to him as if he was a wounded animal. He still hadn't moved, his muscles locked firmly in place, I knew to most this would be weird since Damon was so much older then me but they also needed to realize that while that was the case Damon was still young when he was turned and is still at that same mentality since he had never really had the parent he had craved while he was younger.

Standing behind him I wrap my arms around his waist hugging him after a few moments he turns around and drops to his knees burrowing his head into my tummy as he clings to me like a five year old as he takes comfort in my warmth and the feeling of me playing with his hair. After a few moments he stands and kisses my cheek before his leaves knowing nothing needs to be said, holding the door I watch him go only closing the door once he is out of sight.

Closing the door I head back to the kitchen knowing I had time to do some baking before I had to meet Damon. Deciding to make a chocolate cake I make enough batter for two knowing Jeremy would most likely eat most of it in one go before anyone else could even take a bite. I use my vampire speed to make sure they would be done on time. 

30 minutes later the house smells amazing and the cakes are on the cooling rack so I can decorate them later speeding upstairs I change my outfit once more since I had managed to make a mess with the flour. This time I pull on my faux leather leggings and pair it with my black top that draped elegantly across my chest and a black blazer. Slipping on my black wedges with dainty ankle straps I fluff my hair as I check my reflection, happy with my appearance I head out to the grill making sure to put my phone and keys into my purse as I go.

Walking into the grill I spot Alaric, Damon and Andy all sitting together. "Hey guys" I sit down but not before ruffling Damon's hair just to annoy him. The blue eyed vamp groan loudly and smacks my hands away before fixing his hair. Alaric smiles at our interaction knowing that Damon would have killed anyone else for messing with his hair and that I was the only one that could get away with it.

Before I could say anything else Elijah and Jenna walked in. After our first meeting Elijah and I had grown close. Upon his insistence he had been over for dinner at least twice a week in order to build up a relationship and like the gentlemen he is I would receive a text every morning wishing me a good day and in return I would text him every night to ask about his day and wish him goodnight. We had a pretty good system and made sure to keep our relationship a secret.

I was zoning out of the conversation until Damon not so gently kicked me under the table "What the hell was that for?" I yelled a little too loudly, much to Elijah's amusement, as I reached down to rub my shin. "Dinner party at mine tonight, you're coming" Damon demands rather than asking, smirking when he hears me cursing him out under my breath. "Fine but I'm not changing my outfit again" I tell them before getting up and heading back home, I still needed to decorate the cake and take it over to Jenna's. 

 Getting into my car I'm about to drive off when the passenger side opens and Elijah slides into the seat. "What's Damon planning?" I frown at his words, as far as I knew Damon wasn't planning anything and tell Elijah that. He nods in reply but doesn't say anything. When reaching home I strip off my blazer, placing it on the hook by the door before making my way to the kitchen to finish off the cake Elijah followed behind me making himself at home. "I'll talk to Damon and see if he is up to anything, I just need to drop this off at Jenna's first"

I had placed both cakes on to different stands each having their own twist on lids that were designed for cakes and stacked together, Kissing Elijah on the cheek I leave him on the sofa reading with a glass of bourbon and classical music playing in the background "See you later brother" I say as I leave. Opening and closing the door with the cakes, my blazer and purse wasn't easy but I managed it in the end with a little juggling. I would have asked Elijah for help but he was too wrapped up in his book and I didn't feel like interrupting him.

Since only Jenna and Jeremy were going to be home I decided to simply teleport into the living room effectively scaring the daylight out of them. Laughing at Jeremy's incredibly high pitch girly scream I place the cakes on the kitchen island. "I did some baking, and yes Bubba this one is all yours" I tell him as I push the green cake stand over to him along with a fork. "I missed your baking the most" He kisses my cheek before practically jumping on the spot like a child, taking a bite not even bothering to cut a slice or even grab a plate. Ruffling his hair with a smile I cut two slices from the other and plate them up for Jenna and I. Jenna was watching Jeremy with a look of amusement and disgust wondering how he had such poor manners.

Jenna takes a bite and moans slightly at the taste "okay now I can see why Jere is eating like that, where did you learn to bake like this? and why have I never tried it before?" smiling at her reaction I reply "I'm self taught and I have baked for you in the past but Bubba always gets in before anyone else, hence why he has one to himself '' Jenna gives Bubba an offended look before reaching over and pushing his face into the cake. Seeing where this was going I quickly moved me and the cakes away once Jere lifted his face up, he was covered in frosting apart from his eyes. 

Jenna laughs and takes a picture before finishing her cake quickly, not even pausing to take a breath, taking advantage while Jere is too shocked to do anything while standing looking stunned. Jenna managed to run upstairs before he eventually snapped out of it "my cake" his tone is sad and full of disbelief as he turns to me with puppy dog eyes, even going as far as pouting. Shaking my head I simply wave my hand and restore his cake while also cleaning his face up.

Ruffling his hair once more I leave teleporting back home finding Elijah in the exact spot that I left him in. sitting down next to him I snuggle into his side, he immediately shuffles around so he has an arm around my shoulders, his book still in hand so he doesn't have to stop reading. He doesn't say anything though. That's how it was with us, we didn't talk much but we didn't feel like it was necessary. We would have moments where you couldn't get us to shut up and others like this where words weren't needed just being there was enough.