29 #

The four of us were back at the warehouse. Bekah had already killed her girl while Nik and Stefan where feeding. My mate and I had shared a girl, him biting into her neck while I fed from her wrist. Once I had taken my fill I gave my mate a quick kiss and joined my new little sister as she was sat on a crate looking bored, leaving Nik to finish drinking. 

"You weren't kidding about being hungry." Nik states seeing the body that was at Stefans feet, another in his lap.

"It's been a long day."

"Try being related to her." Nik nods his head at his sister and I glare at him. He gives me a cheeky smile in return and I roll my eyes at him. 

"Your being mean. Why are you being mean? You used to love me." I take Bekahs hand in mine as I hear the pain in her voice and she gives me a small smile before turning back to her ex-lover. "It's been 90 years sister, give him a break."

"Why are you defending him?" Nik pushes the dead body off him as he answers her question. "Because sister I feel pity for any man who doesn't give you what you want."

"Niklaus don't be mean. You sister hasn't done anything to you except stand by your side even after all the heart break you have put her through. Now stop being an arse or you can sleep in your own bed tonight." He gives me an apologetic look and send his feeling of guilt and remorse through the bond. I send my love back but tell him that its not me he has to apologize to. I give Bekah a hug and go to meet Tony outside. He had taken so long at the dog park I generally thought he had kidnapped my dog. 

When I walk out I smile when I see Tony walking over to me holding an asleep Titan like a baby. I gentle take the sleeping pup and Stefan walks out of the warehouse and leaves without saying anything making me frown. "Come on I want to introduce you to Nik's sister."

We both walk back inside and Tony pauses slightly when he sees Bekah. I give him a look and wiggle my eyebrows causing him to blush and gentle shove me to the side. I chuckle as he does and Nik and Bekah turn to face us. "Bekah this is Tony my soul-brother. Tony meet Rebekah Nik's sister." I gently nudge him in her direction and he stutters slightly before taking her hand in his and kissing the back in greeting. 

I turn to Nik and we both smirk at each other before looking back to the blonde duo. It seems like I might have to play cupid. Nik and I look at each other once me before I nod my head to the door. He quickly gets up and we decide to explore for a few hours letting them bond. I carefully place Titan into the car but leave the door open for him and place his bowls back on the ground for him. 

My mate and I walk around Chicago. He tell me stories of when he used to live here and about his family.  We spent hours laughing and telling stories of our lives. I didn't have as many as him but he did find it particularly funny when I told him about dying Elena hair green the night before picture day.  

When we decided to go back to the warehouse Rebekah was snapping Stefan's neck. "What's going on?" I ask not seeing why Bekah would kill him.

"He knows about Mikael. Nik he's not on our side." Nik and I both freeze. Nik had told me all about his father. If Stefan knew then he must have gotten the information from Katherine. She was the only one who would keep enough tabs in Nik and his family to have even heard about Mikael.

I run over to my bag and grab the knife from it along with a map before grasping Bekahs hand. I don't say anything and quickly cut her palm over the map. She yelps in shock and pulls her hand away. "What the hell is wrong with you? A warning next time would be nice." 

I ignore her and start chanting quickly do a location spell. I knew from the Bennett line that Mikael was desiccated I just didn't know where. But by using Bekah's blood to form a connection I could do a location spell.

Once I get it I use my magic to make the location along with instructions. I put everything back and give the paper to Tony. "Take a few hybrids with you. Be careful." he nods and kisses my forehead before saying goodbye to Bekah and leaving, dialing someone as he does.

Nik turns to me while he picks up Stefan's leg and starts to drag him. He has his phone in one hand and is speaking to one of his hybrids ordering them to pack up the coffins and the rest of their stuff. I pick up my bag and follow them out Nik sat in the back of the truck with Stefan so that he could keep snapping his neck while Bekah rode in the car with me. I figured now would be a good time to to talk to her.

"There are somethings I need you to know. But first you have to promise me you won't freak out" I look at her in the corner of my eye, it take a moment but she agrees. "Okay, good news or bad news first?" I give her the options first. "Bad"

I take a deep breath to settle my nerves. "Nik was the one that killed Ester, not Mikael, But don't hate him for it. He had just triggered his werewolf curse causing him to become aggressive and easily angered combined that with the heightened emotions of becoming a vampire and well every negative emotion he felt towards your mother became so amplified that he couldn't control himself."

I tell her quickly to try and get everything out while also trying to explain it as much as possible so she, hopefully, wouldn't be mad. I give her a moment to process everything. I watch as her hands tighten into fists as her knuckles turn white, tears springing to her eyes. I summon her mothers necklace to me and hand it to her. "I gave Elena the fake one and didn't trust Gloria with the real one. Figured you would like something of hers." 

She stares at it for a moment before taking it from the palm of my hand gently. "What was the other thing?"

I give her a smile "Your going to be an aunt"