51

I don't know how long we all stayed like that but soon enough his sobs turned to sniffles before they transformed into small snores. Elijah takes him from me and carries him upstairs. The rest of us sit down in the living room and Nik pulls me onto his lap, placing his hands on my abdomen. "Hey Kol how about you go and put your new powers to the test and go burn Wickery bridge along with the sign?" 

"That's oddly specific darling, any reason why?" I shrug nonchalantly and lean into Nik more as I open the book I had picked up, to a random page. "It's made from White oak. The same tree that can kill you all, there must have been a sapling" They all freeze at my words, I continue reading allowing them all to process. Kol stands up with out saying and pull Bekah with him as he leaves.

"When did you find out?" Nik asks me and I turn my head to look up at him. "I figured it out filly yesterday. I was going to burn it myself but I figured Kol would have more fun with it. Don't worry Elena and the others don't know about it yet" I reassure him further with a kiss on the cheek before I continue to read. He hums and goes back to his drink as he stares off into the flames. 

Soon enough Kol comes back with Bekah looking beyond pleased with himself and smelling like gasoline and smoke. "Have fun?" I question with a smirk. Kol simply smiles peacefully before flopping down onto the sofa next to me. 

Nik doesn't waste a moment to push him off "Not on the new sofa. Shower first." Elijah smirks in amusement while Bekah giggles at how Kol landed on the ground. Face down and limbs at odd angles as he lets out a small muffled 'ouch'. I roll my eyes with a smile when Kol grabs Bekah's ankle and pulls her to the ground.

I chuckle and help the both of them up before pulling Kol upstairs. I take him to the room that had been designed for him. I quickly explain how to work the shower before leaving him in the EnSite and picking out clothes for him. Since vampires had heightened emotions I didn't want to think about how overwhelming this would be for Kol and Finn. Hence why I kept everything basic, from the colors of their rooms to the choices of body wash in the bathroom. They could add in what they liked at a later date. 

After laying out a plain navy blue cotton pajama set that had a vest top and long bottoms, I go to check on Finn. I walk in to find him still sleeping so I quickly pull out a matching pajama set to Kol's, this time in blood red. I gently shake him awake and he spring out of bed like its on fire. When he realizes that its me he calms down and looks around the room. 

"Come on, time to get cleaned up." he follows me into the bathroom and I repeat the same process of explaining before leaving him be, but not before telling him to put on his pajamas after he's done. 30 minutes later he opens the door, fully clothed and his hair dripping wet. "What now?" I give him a reassuring smile when I hear his hesitant tone. "Now its time to fix your hair."

I take out a pair of scissors and a comb before making him take a seat on the bathroom stool. He looks at me slightly scared but sits down anyway and I place a towel around his shoulders. He flinches at the sound the scissors make so I add a muffling charm on them to dull the noise, while also humming an old tune under my breath to help him relax. After 10 minutes or so his hair was around the same length as Elijah. I combed it back out of the way before turning the stool so he could see his reflection. 

He gasp and hands his hands through his shorter hair. I watch as he plays with it for a few moments not feeling any knots or tangles anymore. He suddenly spins round and lifts me off the floor in a hug. I let out a surprised squeal before laughing as I hug him back. I could tell he was trying to be as gentle as possible and my heart melted at how adorable it was. 

"You must be hungry little brave one. There some food down stairs. Come on, Kol needs to eat too." I say in a soothing tone and Finn carefully set me back down before allowing me to guide him downstairs and into the kitchen. Kol met us on the stairs and followed behind.

"Damon text me, he has compelled some people to bring the coffin here." Nik tells me in my mind. I smile in his direction and he smirks back as he drains the last of his drink. I motion to the bar stools and Fin and Kol both take a seat while I pull out some left over mac 'n' cheese and steak and heat it up for them. 

When I'm done I put a plate each in font of them along with one for Bekah, before puling out a blood bag and pouring it into four wine glasses. "What's that?" I look up at Finns question and find him pointing to the blood bag. "It's a blood bag. They use them to take blood from one person and give it to another for medical reasons. It also allows vampires to drink blood without having to drink from the vein." I explain as I hand him his glass. 

He looks at the now empty bag in awe. "I don't have to hurt anyone anymore? I don't have to be a monster." His tone was quiet and his voice breaks slightly. My heart breaks and I use my speed to get to the other side of the island and hug him. "Your not a monster Finn. Trust me there are people out there that are true monsters. You are a vampire. If nature didn't want you to exist then the spell wouldn't have worked." I say calmly as I play with his hair. I look around at the others and find them all looking at Finn solemnly. I motion them over and we end up in the second family group hug of the evening.  

A/N 

Inspo for Finn's nickname: Finn is a boy's name of Irish origin, meaning "fair." Coming from the Irish Fionn, Finn was the anglicized name of a mythical Irish warrior and folklore hero. As a child, this little boy was blessed by the salmon of knowledge, giving him the wisdom and bravery to later, along with his followers, protect the king.