35 #

(^12 week bump)
-----------------------
Just as I leave the house I get a text from Caroline to let me know that the gym was flooded so the party had been moved to the Lockwood estate. I sigh in frustration knowing that all the hard work and torture I had to face to get the gym perfect was now all for nothing. I decide to text Nik about new development.

Hey bubby the dance got moved to Tyler's. you didn't have anything to do with that did you?

Of course I did, love. I needed a bigger space for my hybrids. Don't worry I called in a few favours so my party will be better then yours. Miss you, love N. M. X

The fact that he put a kiss at the end of his text automatically destroyed any anger and frustration I felt. I had been sending him pictures of the gym and little videos of how bad Caroline had gotten, I even sent little 'help me!' Texts only to receive laughing emojis.

Putting my phone away with a smile I get into the car and drive to Lockwood's. When I pull up the drive I notice that my mate was completely right. He did throw a better party then me. I walk into the house and start looking around for everyone. Jeremy was having a movie night with Jenna and Alaric, so I knew he wasn't here. 

I reach the back doors when I hear my mates voice ring out over the speakers. "Thank you all for coming. It's been a long time coming" I smile when I see him standing on stage. He jumps off gracefully and runs up the stairs when he sees me. I giggle when he picks me up and swings me around in a circle before peppering the side of my face with light butterfly like kisses. I smile at my adorable mate before pulling him down for a kiss.

"I missed you so much, Elskan" Nik smiles at the Icelandic nickname "I missed you too my little wolf, and you my littlest wolf" he places his hands on my hips at the last part and rubs his thumbs against the sides of the bump. I was now around 3 months so I was becoming a little bit more visible, but not by much. 

I smile up at him and rest my forehead against his for a moment before he leads me inside and to the kitchen. He opens the fridge and takes out one of the many bottles of apple juice. It was my craving at the moment and he knew that. "I had Tyler add some none alcoholic drinks for you, love"

His thoughtfulness triggers some of my early hormones and I struggle to hold back the tears. Nik notices this and gives me a smug look and usual smirk before kissing my temples. 

I glare at him and slap him arm playfully as he undoes the lid and passes it to me. I drink the semi tart juice and sigh happily before leaning on him. We don't say anything and simply enjoy being back together.

He holds me close and I feel him press his face into my neck kissing my neck and shoulder. I giggle when he playfully bites me and I shove him back gently knowing it wouldn't have an effect on him

"oh, I wanted to show you something!" I remember what it was and turned to the side as I pulled my dress tight over my stomach. "The bump is growing, apparently he's the size of a lime or a plum" I also remove the spell that hid the heartbeat and let him hear how clear it had become.

I move my hips side to side a little as I show off how much our son had grown in the last month. Nik smiles adoringly and places his hand over the bump, caressing it lightly.

Something must have caught his eye and he walks over to the fruit bowl and picks up a lime holding like its the most fragile thing in the world. "he's really that tiny?" his voice is filled with such wonder that it makes me laugh before I nod and kiss his cheek.

 I finish off my drink and grab another before pulling Nik out of the kitchen, redoing the spell as I do. He grabs an unopened bear along the way and uses his ring to open it. 

We walk over to Stefan. "Quite the homecoming" 

"I've been planning my father's funeral for a 1000 years. Granted in no version of it were any of these people invited, but you get the idea."

While Stefan and Nik talk I look around for my blonde bestie only to come up empty handed. "Where's Bekkah?" I interrupt the two and Nik looks around as well before seeing what I did. "I helped her get ready there was no way she was going to let anyone take the homecoming crown from her." I say looking at Stefan.

"Where's my sister Stefan?"

"I have no idea I thought she was coming with Matt"

"Oh, be honest now, Stefan. Where's my sister?" Nik demands activating Stefan's compelled need to do as he says "I said, I have no idea. Now would you like me to take you to your father?"

"Well, it wouldn't be a party without the guest of honour, would it? Bring him to me." I decided to leave Nik and Stefan to it. I gently press my bottle into my mates hands "I'm going to use the rest room" Nik nods letting me know he heard my quiet voice and I went off on my own. 

When I come back down stairs I find Nik waiting for me at the bottom and he hands me back my drink with a smile and a kiss. 

We make our way out side and he decides to annoy Elena while he's there. The moment we step closer I notice the slight difference in her stance and posture. Elena wouldn't be able to stand is heels that high with her feet too close together or she would lose her balance.  ~Kathrine~ I tell Nik in his mind. He squeezes my waist letting me know he heard me. Before she sees us Nik switches sides with me so that he would be standing between us.

I smirk at his over protectiveness and lean against him, slipping my hand under his blazer and rest it on the base of his back. I giggle when I hear his wolf let out a deep growl like purr and mine returns the sound of contentment.