31 #

I wake up the next morning with a start and end up having to run to the bathroom. I make it the the toilet in time to throw up. Once I'm done I brush my teeth and wash my face before getting ready for the day. Wanting a comfy day I dress into a pair of loose grey track suit bottoms and a white vest top. I slide on my favorite grey fluffy bunny slippers. 

Since I didn't want tot risk being sick again I only have a single piece of toast as well as a bowl of strawberries for breakfast. I keep to small bites so I don't upset my stomach anymore. When the nausea fades I sigh in relief and decide it would be best to keep my hair up for the next few weeks just in case.  I spend the rest of the day relaxing and completing the last of the plans for the new Mikaelson Manor. My mate and I also kept each other updated with what was going on in each others day. 

I had finally finished the design for the manor early this morning and admittedly spent the rest of the day shopping to fill it with everything it would need. I had lost count of how much I had spent. When Nik had found out what I was doing he insisted he pay for at least half of it. I had reluctantly agreed so he was paying for the renovations while I was paying for everything else. I kept the art room a secret as I wanted it to be a surprise. 

I also added in a game room for Jere-bear and Kol since I had a feeling that the two would get along like a house on fire, as well as a library for Elijah to enjoy and a music and dance studio for Bekah. I had seen her interact with the cheer team so I was giving her a place to practice. I also gave her a massive walk in wardrobe that I had already brought enough clothes to fill half of it. 

Since this was apart of my job I was able to save a lot of money with out needing to sacrifice luxury. For example the large crystal chandelier that would hang proudly in the center of the entrance lobby was actually made of recycled glass that had been collected from coast lines. Saving money while also helping the environment. Something that I loved. I also may have gone a little overboard when designing the nursery but in all honestly Nik was just as bad as me as he kept sending me Pinterest boards. 

Nik had text me letting me know he had left town to make more hybrids without telling his sister so I'm not surprised when a teary eyed Bekah shows up at my door step in the middle of the night. "He left me.! My brother actually left me!" Taking her hand I pull her inside and guide her upstairs only letting go once we reach my room.

"Sit" I say as I point to the charcoal bean bag I had moved from my little reading spot in the corner to the side of the bed, as I sit down Bekah makes her way over from leaning against the door frame and sits on the bean bag so I'm sat behind her on the bed. Gently pulling out her hair tie as well as the feather extension she was wearing. I start brushing her already soft blonde hair. This was how my mother had always calmed me down when I was upset and I knew it would help Bekah sort through her thoughts.

"Why was Nik nice to you? He's never nice to anyone" Bekah's voice breaks the silence after a while and I smile down at her, even though she can't see. "I'm going to tell you a story." I change my tone slightly to make it more clear and somewhat theatrical as I continue "there once was a baby girl born from two different bloodline, she was beautiful, with dark brown hair and ocean blue eyes that always caught people's attention. The mother was from a royal line of werewolves who were gifted to be able to wield an ancient magic that was so powerful even the strongest witches couldn't wield it. And her farther a hybrid, half vampire half witch, he was known as a heretic. A syphon turned vampire can then wield magic taken from their vampire blood. The parents loved there daughter very much, but a few years after she was born they realized how much danger the girl was in. 

So with a heavy heart they sent her away placing all the knowledge she would one day need into a necklace. The baby was given to a human couple, one who loved her as their own and over the years provided her with two siblings a girl and a boy. When she was old enough the necklace passed the knowledge on to her in her sleep allowing the child to use her magic without hesitation and how to shift at will, but more importantly the knowledge of mates. You see mates is the short term for a soul mate, they are literally the other half of you and the one person who would love you as deeply as you would love them. You can feel everything that they feel, talk telepathically and locate each other when you need to. Mates are the single most precious thing to royal wolves as they are the only person they can have children with even if that person can't procreate, as mates they would be able."

Bekah was quiet so I know she was processing the new information she had been given "What happened to the parents ? " her tone was gentle like she already knew the answer but wanted to confirm it. "They were killed. The mothers father found out she had a child with a vampire and killed her for birthing such an abomination. The parents fought and killed everyone else but later the mother died from her wounds and unable to take the pain of losing his mate he soon took his life to join her on the other side, his last words apologizing to his little girl" 

The necklace I wore was from my mother, once her enchantment was complete I had added one of my own to keep me safe encase anyone from that fight had survived then they would never be able to find me. Bekah doesn't say anything else, simply stands and walks into my walk-in closet and come back out in a pair of my pajamas. Turning off the lights she climbs into my bed and pulls me to lay next to her. "Night star, thanks for trusting me with your past. I promise I won't let you down" her voice is full of sleep and I can tell she is drifting off but I can also hear the truth to her words. Smiling I brush her hair from her face.

"I know you won't, my darling sister." I stay awake for a little longer simply playing with her hair while caressing my small baby bump. I was finally getting the family I had always wanted and I couldn't wait to cause trouble with my new brothers. With that I fall asleep with a smile.