43

I wake with a start when I hear a pounding on the door. Nik jumps up faster then me and runs to the door using his vampire speed. I look over at the alarm clock to see it was 3am. 

Copying Nik, I'm down stairs in a fraction of a second to see Nik holding Jeremy up by the neck. When the sleepy haze leaves him he quickly drops my brother and apologizes.

"Sorry about that mate." He pats Jere's shoulders awkwardly with a chuckle before going back upstairs, kissing my cheek as he walks past. I give a sleepy smile before rubbing my eyes. I walk into the kitchen and motion Jere to join me. 

He picks up the suitcase that he had dropped and placed it near the steps before following me. I pour myself some tropical juice "What happened this time?"

"Elena tried to convince Damon to compel me into leaving and forgetting about mystic falls" Hearing his words I quickly drink the small amount of juice I had poured for him before putting the carton back in the fridge and taking out a bottle of bourbon from the freezer. I pour some into a clean glass and pass it to him. 

"You know you can stay as long as you want. If you can't get to sleep there are some designs on my drawing desk. This couple want to design a bedroom for their son who is around the same age as you with no expense spared. Knock yourself out. I'll see you in a few hours okay." 

He takes the glass and thanks me. I kiss his cheek and ruffle his hair before taking my drink and his suitcase upstairs. I walk past my room and put his case on the end of the bed in the spare room that was reserved for him. I debate unpacking for him but decide not to. He was a teenager after all, I didn't want him to think I was taking away his privacy. Walking back into my room I smile when I see my mate was already fast asleep, face down, in nothing but his boxers.

I drink half of the juice before putting the glass on the side table. I climb under the duvet snuggle into his side, resting my head on his shoulder as I trace patterns onto his back. 

~~~~~~~

When we eventually wake up 4 hours later I go down stairs, leaving my sleeping mate and make breakfast. I make omelets for each of us along with bacon. I use my vampire hearing to see if Jeremy was awake. But his heartbeat wasn't coming from upstairs, instead it was coming from my office. Leaving everything how it was I make sure the stove is off before going to my office. 

I knock on the door twice but when there isn't an answer I walk in. I lean against the door frame and smile when I see him asleep. Walking over I start playing with his hair gently as I sing the lullaby I always did. After a few minutes he slowly wakes up with a smile. "Come on Jere-bear, Breakfast is ready"

I walk back into the kitchen as the sleepy teen follows. Nik was already sat at the island eating. He had dished up our plates as well, with apple juice for me and coffee for Jeremy. There was also a plastic shot glass next to my plate with my vitamins in. I quickly take them along with stealing some blood for Nik's mug. He playfully glares at me before smirking. He hands me the mug with a kiss and gets up to pour himself a new one. 

I smile but elbow my brother when he makes gagging noises. "I will admit you guys are adorable. But please no PDA in front of the minor." 

The was a knock at the do to Nik goes to answer is. "You got a package love."

"Oh, that would be Caroline's birthday present. It is just on time too." I take the box from him excitedly before opening it. I throw away the outer box. inside was a pure white box with the Dolce and Gabbana logo printed across the front.  I open the box and take out one of the white velvet pouches. Inside was the gold heals that Caroline had been day dreaming about. My excitement increases, knowing that Caroline would love these. I place the shoe back into the bag before putting it back into the box.