18 #

I wake up with the damp earth beneath me with the morning sun warming my skin. I feel Nik tighten his arm around my waist as he begins to wake up. "Morning love" I turn to face him and laugh at the amount of dirt that covers us both. "Morning."

I smile as we both sit up only for Elijah to throw cloths at Nik's head. "You've been busy" Elijah turns his back to us politely and  I summon an outfit of of my suitcase. I mumble a spell under my breath and the dirt on our skin disappears.  I quickly slip on my underwear along with ripped blue skinny jeans and plain white cotton tee-shirt. I lace up my black converse. Nik gets dressed into the jeans and button up that Eli brought him. 

"That was amazing." I smile at the shocked expression that still painted his face "How long has it been?" he asks, his attention now on his brother.

"Almost two days" Elijah and I say together. Eli continues "Full moon came and went. You remained a wolf."

"I can change at will then. That's good to know. I remember every single kill." Nik says as I fix his hair.

"Yes, I've been cleaning up your mess along the way."

"Just like old times, brother" Nik smiles at me as I pull a few leaves out of his hair. 

"Well, you've had your fun. I believe we have a bargain." Eli walks past us handing Nik a pair black leather of boots as he does. 

"That's right. Now, what was it again? oh, yeah, wait. I remember. That's it. You wish to be reunited with our family" I give Nik a look at his attempt to annoy Elijah and he simply smirks in return, making me roll my eyes.

"You gave me your word, Niklaus." I watch as Elijah brushes dirt from Nik's top. Even after all these years Elijah was still looking after his little brother. The thought made me smile as I braid my hair out of the way, tying it with the hair band Elijah and given me. He had taken up the habit of keeping one in his pocket along with his usual handkerchief since I had the terrible habit of not having one, despite my hair always annoying me if its down.

"What kind of brother would break his bond? Even though you did try to kill me"

"One who wants his mate to give him silent treatment" I comment as I raise my brow at him. He knew I didn't want Elijah hurt. "I could have. But I didn't" Elijah comments as he helps Nik put on his coat.

"Now no one can, not even you. Relax Elijah. All is forgiven."

"Where are they?"

"A containment unit" I answer automatically before slapping my hand over my mouth. The two brother stare at me for a moment before I give them a sheepish look. "I meant to tell you Li-Li, but I forgot. Don't me mad, Brother" At the use of his nickname his eyes soften as walks over and gives me a hug. 

"I could never be mad at you, My little star." We both chuckle at Nik's jealous grown when Elijah places a kiss on my head. 

Nick walks off and I meet up with him, placing my hand in his. Elijah follows us shortly after. We make our way back to Alaric's apartment. Elijah hands me my phone as we walk. 

Taking it from him I see a message for Jenna. 

John's dead. Where the hell are you? Are you okay?

What happened?

Why is Stefan saying he thought I was there?

You better respond soon or I'm sending a search party.

Since I feel like being nice I'll give you 3 days.

Stay safe, love ya star

I quickly respond know how worried she could get.

I'm fine, I'm with my mate. I need to be out of town for a while to help Nick. Look after Jere for me . My house is open to the both of you if you need alone time. Feel free to use it for date night with Ric. Just not my room ;)

I smile as I picture Jenna blushing at my teasing. 

Will do. Love you. Stay safe. 

Love you too Jen xoxo

I quickly text Rose and Trevor to let them know that the curse is broken before I put my phone into my pocket and we continue on our way to Ric's. 

"Love what is that?  Something seems different" I knew he was talking about our bond since I was sending my emotions to him, hoping it had strengthened enough to do so. I pause in my steps and turn to face him.

"That, my beloved, would be my emotions. You are currently feeling what I feel for you." Just to prove it more I send my love to him. I watch as his eyes tear slightly before he gives me a small smile. 

"I love you too, little wolf" I knew to most people it was too soon but with vampire emotions, the moment you felt even an ounce of love you would fall. My heart flutters at his words and I place a short, sweet kiss on his lips before the three of us continue walking. I didn't miss Elijah watching our interaction with a smile.

Walking in we find Kathrine and Stefan. Kathrine pushes Stefan towards us and I immediately know something is wrong. Stefan wouldn't be stupid enough to come to Klaus so soon after the sacrifice.  

"Klaus your back. Look who showed up for a visit"

"You just keep popping up, don't you?" Elijah closes the door behind us. 

"I need your help. For my brother" My worry increases and I know Nick can feel it through our bond.

"What's wrong with my son?" I demand as I step closer to him. Stefan no longer looks shocked at the bond I have with his brother as he turns to me. "He was bitten by Tyler Lockwood. The witches tell me you have a cure." He looks to Nik at the end of his sentence. I spin around to face Nik.

"If you have a cure, please give it to him. I will not lose my son." Nik doesn't answer but I know from the look on his face and through our bond that he would help Stefan, but that he had a plan. I wasn't impressed that he was going to make a deal right now, but I was too worried about Damon to process what was going on. 

"Back in a moment" With that I snap my fingers and teleport to the Salvatore boarding house.