47

I run over to the door using my vampire speed and almost rip it off the hinges. I giggle as I jump into Nik's arms. It may not have been that long since I last saw him but I couldn't help that my wolf became more puppy like around our mate. Nik laughs as he catches me and spins us around. He sets me back on the ground and tilts my head up for a passionate kiss. 

We were interrupted by Andy as she clears her throat behind us. We pull away and turn our attention to her, without leaving each others embrace. "As adorable as you two are, I don't want to see my mother making out with anyone" Andy smirked as she winked to the both of us before walking off looking awfully proud of herself. I huff before letting out a chuckle and looking back at Nik. "I'll get her back for it later." The brunette had decided to start calling me Mom as a joke to copy Damon, but it quickly became a regular occurrence when we were alone.  

Nik rubs his nose against the sensitive skin of my neck, smirking when I start to squirm from the ticklish sensation. I nudge him away and stick my tongue out childishly before messing up his hair and running back inside. I hear him slam into the barrier I put up making him groan, while Andy and I laughed in the living room. I drop the spell when my mate pouts and he walks in with a smirk.

He makes himself comfortable on the arm chair and Andy passes him a drink. I move to sit on the ground, using Nik's legs as a back rest while I read through yet another grimoire.  Andy holds up the remote to me in question and I nod. She switches on the stereo and we all flinch as the loud music hurts our ears. Nik and I end up laughing when Andy almost falls off the couch. She grumbles under her breath about Damon and his music. She turns it down and changes it until she finds a song she likes. I listen to the music as I read but don't pay attention to the lyrics. 

"What are you doing love?" I sigh and rest my head on his knee as I slam the book shut in frustration. 

"Trying to find a way help Ric. So far we found a few ways to limit the effects but not fix the problem." He hums and starts to play with my hair. I close my eyes and lean into his touch. "I'll ask around with a few witches I know."

"Thanks baby." I hear Andy clear her throat and I turn my head in her direction but keep my eyes closed "Damon texted me. I'm gonna go. Don't use our room." Even with my eyes closed I could practically feel her smirk as she vamp speeds out of the house.

I let out a squeal when Nik lifts me off the floor and places me sideways in his lap. I rub my nose along the side of his neck before resting my head on his shoulder. I smile when he places on of his hands over my bump while the other goes around my waist. I lean all my weight against his chest and trace small swirls across the back of his hand. "I love you Niklaus."

"I love you too little star." He says before pressing his lips to my temple for a moment. As we stay like that I go over a few things in my head while my magic mixes different herbs together on the table to create a temporary cure to Ric. When it's done I get off Nik's lap and pour the mixture into a few glass vials on the table. I take one and go down the the basement. I place a few protection and shield charms on me just to be safe before I open the door.

"Ric?" He looks up at the sound of my voice and stand up from the cot. "Ella. Did you figure something out?"

"Only something temporary." I move closer and place the vial against his lip. I spell him to stay still and to drink it. I watch as my instincts where correct and the murderous glimmer in his eyes fades. I give it a moment before stepping away and removing the spell. He blink's rapidly as if to clear his head and his shoulders fall as the tension leaves him. "There you should be good for a little while. It'll talk to Jenna about the rest."

He nods and motions to the door. I open it wider and he ruffles my hair as he leaves. I sigh and leave after him. I hear the front door close before I'm out of the basement fully. I go back to the living room to find Nik where I had left him, this time he had his drink in one hand and a book in the other. He kind of resembled Elijah in the moment. The thought made me smile sadly as I was missing my soul brother.

I start to clean away the herbs and grimoires when Stefan comes in. He takes he remote for the stereo off the side and turns the music off. "What are you doing here Klaus?" I redo the concealing spell to make sure it didn't wear off anytime soon.

"Enjoying our stalemate" Nik says as he talks a swig from his glass without looking in Stefan's direction.

"What do you want?" Stefan responds with a solid gut hum as he takes a seat. I finished putting my things in my bag and place it on the bench by the door.

"Question is what do you want" I walk back over to Nik and sit on his lap as he says this. He wraps his arms around me before continuing "My hybrids left town as you demanded. now tell me what I have to do to get my family back"

"Well, you see Klaus, I'm not negotiating" I feel Nik tighten his hold on me slightly, showcasing his annoyance without hurting me or killing Stefan.

"And you understand that leaving them in there current state indefinitely is the same thing as dropping them in the ocean"

"No, no. You leave mystic falls, give me a call in a few years and then we will talk" Stefan says cockily, by now I could tell that Nik was tempted to take a swing at him. I take my mates hands in mine and draw little patterns onto the backs to help calm him

"I'm going to give you a chance. Just one more. Let's make a reasonable deal" Nik says leaning forward slightly. I move a little to stay comfortable. Stefan copies Nik's action. "Or what? You make on move and I will.."

Nik cuts him off with a chuckle "oh, yes that's right, crazy Stefan. Hmm. How's that going for you? Any friends left?" The two stare at each other for a few minutes before Stefan lets out a small sigh and looks away. Nik smirks against the back of my shoulder before placing a kiss over the material of my shirt.

A/N

I know I haven't updated in a while but I am going to try and update a few times this week since I currently have the week off from work and University. I am also aiming to complete this book within the week since I have left it for so long.

Forever and always.

Livvy xoxo