36

"Where's your date?

"Getting me a drink" Nik holds his bear out to 'Elena' and I can't help but smirk as I lean into his side more, tightening my hold on him. "Seems I have you to thank for Mikael's demise."

"He came at me I didn't have a choice" I couldn't help but roll my eyes, Kathrine was a good actor I would give her that but she always struggled to hide her fear around Nik. 

"Still I'm impressed it's not easy for a human to dagger an Original"

"Wasn't the first time"

"Right, Elijah" Nik looks around at the crown as he says this and I watch as Kathrine looks around her as if looking for an escape root, she seems to be questioning if helping the scooby gang was worth it. Nik turns around in time to see her look of fear before she hides it again. "You seem nervous"

"I'm not nervous. I just don't like you" I shake my head a little knowing that she just revealed herself. If neither of us had known she was really Kathrine we would have by now. There was no way Elena would have been brave enough to say that to Nik's face.

"Well I'll get straight to the point then shall I, Love." I tighten my grip letting him know that I didn't like him calling someone else love, he sends me an apology through the bond before continuing "People have been after me for a thousand years. and I am always one step ahead. So whatever it is your thinking of trying, go for it. Give it your best shot. You won't succeed. Enjoy the party"

Nik smirks before raising his beer then leading me inside where he starts a game of beer pong with a few of the guests. After the first game I get a text from Damon.

Inside wolf den. Apologies to your mate for the dead hybrid on the porch. I may have ripped his heart out. You might want to send someone for clean up. Love ya Mamma wolf xoxo 

I show the text to Nik but can't help but smile at Damon's nonchalant attitude about the whole thing. My mate clenches his jaw at the lose of a hybrid but knows he can't do anything against Damon without hurting me. 

One of his Hybrids comes over to use as Nick was getting ready to through the last pingpong ball "Someone's here to see you."

"Well, tell my visitor I'm on the brink of victory here."

"He says his name in Mikael" With that Nik throw the plastic ball into the last cup, winning the game. "Then I mustn't keep him waiting. Move everyone out back. I'm gonna have a little chat with my dad." 

I take his hand in mine and squeeze it, he repeat the action as we start walking out, on the say Nik and I pass Tony. "Tony, you know what to do."

My brother nods and pats my shoulder before walking away. When we get to the front door I make sure to stay out of sight. Even though it was a fake Mikael I still needed to but on a show for the others, meaning Nik would have made me stay out of the way in order to stay safe. I hated what I was about to do since I knew it would effect Nik but his reaction had to be genuine for anyone paying close attention, he knew this but it wouldn't make it any easier. 

"Hello, Niklaus."

"Hello, Mikael. Won't you come in? Oh, that's right. I forgot, you can't."

"Or you can come outside if you want."

"Or I could watch my hybrids tear you limb from limb."

"They can't kill me."

"True, but it would make a hell of a party game. All I have to do is rub these two fingers together, and they'll pounce." Nik raise his hands ready to snap them.

"The big bad wolf. You haven't changed. Still hiding behind your playthings like a coward. Oh, and your forget. They may be sired by you, but they're still part vampire. And they can be compelled by me." I watch as the hybrid from before steps us next to fake Mikael for a moment before pulling Kathrine to her. 

"Come out and face me. Niklaus...or she dies"

"Go ahead. Kill her." Nik didn't panic when 'Elena' was threatened since we knew the real Elena was safe and sound at the Salvatore house.

"No, Klaus. He'll do it" Kathrine spoke up obviously scared about what was going to happen. She wasn't acting anymore.

"If she dies this lot, will be the last of your abominations."

"I don't need them. I just need to be rid of you."

"To what end, Niklaus? So you can live forever with no one at your side? Nobody cares about you anymore, boy! Who do you have, other then those whose loyalty you've forced? No one"

I wince at his words and Nik looks at me I through the corner of his eye as I feel hurt flood his emotions. I give an apologetic shrug before sending him every ounce of love and care I feel towards him. He relaxes slightly but I can still see the tears building up in his eyes making my heart ache. 

"I'm calling your bluff, father. Kill her."

"Come outside and face me, you little coward, and I won't have to."

"My whole life, you've underestimated me. If you kill her, you lose your leverage. So go head. Go on, kill her. Come on old man. Kill her. Kill her!"

While Nik looses his temper slightly 'Mikael' simply chuckles "Ah.... Your impulse, Niklaus. It has, and will forever be, the one thing that keeps you from truly being great." With that he stabs Kathrine in the side with a dagger. Kathrine gasps in pain before falling to the ground acting dead while she heals.

Damon then shows up and I use my magic to make sure he only stakes Nik in a non vital place. Damon flips my mate onto his back and I hear him speak to Nik without anyone else hearing "Sorry"

I roll my eyes at my son before dulling Nik's pain. Nik gives a tiny nod before Stefan speeds in and takes Damon off him. Without wasting a second Nik rips the stake from him and rushed to 'Mikael' and drives it through his heart. I use my magic to make the fake Mikael burst into flames before turning into ash, while sending the stake to the safe in my apothecary.

I step outside and hug my mate from behind with a smile. Now all we had to do was wake his siblings and let them say goodbye to their real father before killing him.