19 #

I rush into Damon's room and find laying in his bed with Elena sat next to him. "Elena go get him some blood bags" For once she nods and does what I ask. Once she leaves I move over to Damon.  "Little cub, Why didn't you tell me? I could have found a cure sooner." My voice is just a whisper as I brush his hair back from his forehead. His skin was covered in a layer of sweat and had lost its natural flush, becoming sickly.

Seeing his obvious pain I focus my energy on him and slow the infection down. I look at his arm and watch as some of the black veins retreat back into the bite wound. Even with how powerful I was I knew magic couldn't cure a werewolf bite. Damon sighs in relief as his pain decreases, leaving him week but more comfortable. Leaning down I press a kiss to his brow. "I love you momma wolf"

"I love you too my little cub" My voice had become a little thicker as my mind ran over hundreds of scenarios.

Elena comes back in with a glass of blood. I take it from her and place it on the night stand. I summon a dagger and cut my wrist, letting my crimson blood bead and spill from the incision. I hold my wrist over the cup and mix my blood in. I knew my blood would be a little easier to drink right now. But I also knew that if he drank from me directly then it would be easy for him to become addicted. My blood had always had a bizarre effect on other vampires.

I send the dagger back before lifting the glass to his lips allowing him to drink. After the glass is finished I see the bite decrease in size. "The most I can do is heal you half way. The rest will need a cure. I have to go Little cub. Stay strong for me. Stefan will be here soon with the cure. I love you." I brush his hair back and kiss his brow once more before leaving. Ignoring the look Elena gives me.

I snap my fingers and I am back at Ric's. When I look around I see Stefan on the floor, blood covering the front of his shirt. Elijah was laying on the floor, daggered, and Kathrine looked like she would rather be anywhere else. 

Nik was standing above the Salvatore, talking "1917, he went into Monterey and wiped out an entire migrant village. A true ripper. Sound familiar" Nik goes to lift the glass of blood to his lips but I snatch it out of his hand before he can.  I mumble a possessive "Mine" under my breath before downing the glass. Nik smiles at my actions and watches as I refill the glass with Scotch. 

"I haven't been that way in a very long time." Stefan tries to defend himself as he struggles to keep control of his bloodlust.

"Well, that's the vampire I can make a deal with. That is the kind of talent that I can use when I leave this town. Katerina, come here." Nik states as turns to face the green eyed vamp.

Kathrine walks over to Nik hesitantly while I move to sit on one of the bar stools, watching. Nik holds his hand out and Kathrine obediently places her hand in his.

Not wasting a second, my mate sinks his fangs into her wrist. Nik then bites into his wrist and presses it to Kathrine's lips, forcing her to drink his blood as she tries to fight him off. The three of us watch, astonished, as the bite heals. 

"You want your cure. There it is." I walk over to my mate and wipe the blood from his chin. 

"Your blood is the cure" Stefan states the obvious.

"Gotta love Mother Nature" I smirk at Nik's remark as I walk back over to the kitchen and pour us both a glass of blood each. "Now, let's talk, you and I." I place a glass in font of Nik before moving over to the couch. I snuggle into the plush pillows and slowly sip on the blood. I was relaxing while I could since my magic was still focused on Damon, slowing the poison, trying to give Stefan more time.

I let my eyes ligger over Nik while my thoughts drift. He clenched his fist around the blade of a knife, letting the blood flow into a small glass bottle. 

"There it is. You wanna save your brother? How about a decade-long bender?  You know I have big plans for you when we leave this town."

"I'm not like that anymore."

"Well, that's too bad." Nik starts to slowly tip the blood out into the sink. I panic and reacting quickly I use my magic to channel half the blood in the bottle into a separate jar in my apartment. 

When I'm done I get a text from Bonnie. 

911. Old witches house.

I knew Bonnie would never text me first in an emergency I set my glass down before teleporting to her. When I get there I fall the my knees at the site before me. Hot tears instantly fall down my cheeks as I see my baby brother laying on the floor with a gun shot wound to the chest. More importantly his ring was gone.

"Caroline tried healing him but it was too late. The witches wont let me heal him. They cut me off." Bonnie chokes out her words as she sobs. Ric was next to her trying to calm her down. 

I crawl the last few feet over to him. Taking a deep breath to calm my nerves I place a hands on his chest, resting them on each side of his heart. Ric and Bonnie watch as my whole body begins to glow with a gold light. I push the light and warmth into my hands before pushing it into his body. 

I hardly realize the wind picking up around us as the temperature picks up. Warming the ground beneath us. I feel a small amount of blood trickling from my nose. 

As I start to feel faint, the spell is complete. Removing my hands from his chest I watch as Jere-bear jolts up from the ground gasping heavily as he tries to catch his breath. I smile in relief and pull him to my chest, running my hands though his hair as I cry. "I thought I lost you. Never do that to me again" I sit back and hold him at arms length. "Why the hell aren't you wearing your ring?" 

He looks down at his hand, before looking up at me sheepishly. "I forgot to put it back on after my shower" I roll my eyes at his expression, I summon his ring to him and place it back on his left middle finger. "I will fuse it to you with magic if I have to. Leave it on. Its spelled so you can't damage it." 

"I promise" Jere pulls my back into a hug before Bonnie throws herself at the both of us for a group hug. I can't help but laugh though my tears at her reaction. I see Ric over her shoulder, looking at us with a smile and I put my hand out to him. 

He places his hand in mine and I smirk before I use my strength to pull him towards us. The three of us laugh at him when he lets out a high pitch squeal of surprise. He blushes a deep red before hugging us. "You two should go home, You both need to rest." 

Bonnie and Jeremy follow my orders and go home after hugging me goodbye. I stand with Ric watching them go. After a moment I turn to him. "I'm going to be out of town for a while. I need you to promise me you will look after them. Keep Jeremy out of trouble. Keep Jenna laughing and happy. Keep being Damon's drinking buddy. I know he hasn't told you but you really are his best friend. Promise me"

He looks me in the eye for a moment. "I promise"

I nod to him before walking away, leaving him there. Before I'm out of hearing range I turn around, walking backwards. "Should have said this sooner, But Welcome to the family. It's crazy, loud and weird. You're gonna love it" I give him a goofy smile before snapping my fingers. 

I teleport to where my bond pulls me and end up in a storage warehouse in time to see Klaus close the lid on Elijah's coffin. "You didn't have to dagger him you know" I whisper as I place my hand on the coffin. 

"Just until its safe. Then all of us will be free. Once he is gone. That's why I need my hybrids." I hear the determination in his voice and hug him. "There going to be mad when they wake up, but at least you will all be together and you can explain it all to them" I say before pressing a kiss to his cheek.