55

They boys return to find Davina and I painting away as she laughed over the memories I was sharing with her. Without saying anything she waves her hand and the barrier lowers for Nik to enter. He speeds over to me straight away and holds me close, his hand on the bump. "Missed you" His wolf purrs and mine responds with a similar sound of contentment. Davina watches the interaction with a smile of her own. 

"We dealt with the witches Vina. You can finally leave" Marcel announces as he opens his arms in a dramatic manner Davina squeals happily and and jumps into his arms making Marcel swing her around in a circle as they both laugh. Nik and I look at each other and I motion to the door. He nods and swoops me up bridal style before speeding us out, leaving the father daughter duo to celebrate her new freedom. 

We get back to the plantation and find the others all sitting around the living room spell books, ingredients and half melted candles strewn around in a chaotic mess. "Having fun?" I comment with a raised brow while Nik pours a few drinks, disappearing into the kitchen for a bottle of apple juice for me, Kol glares at me from where he was sat on the floor before flopping backwards with a groan. I chuckle as I walk over and sit down next to him after a little bit of struggling. Watching me gets a small chuckle out of the psychotic vampire making my smile before he frowns once more. 

"Oh come on Kol, don't pout. I'm here to help now, some of my grimoires are charmed to only be read by my bloodline, to anyone else it would look confusing or hard to read" I say in a soothing tone as I lift his head into my lap and play with his hair. He relaxes and closes his eyes. I move a little and continue going through the book closest to where Kol had originally sat, still playing with his hair as I do. 

Nik places a kiss on the crown of my head as he passes us and goes to his art studio. I sip my apple juice and continue reading. After about an hour or flipping pages and listening to Kol's light snores I find something that could work. 

I gently shake the snoring vamp up and she wakes with a loud snort. I smile at his embarrassed expression and he quickly smooths his hair down and wipes the drool from his chin. "Nice nap?" I ask rhetorically and push the book closer to him along with the notes I made. "I think I found something that could work." The moment those words leave my mouth everyone had sped into the room and Kol suddenly becomes fully awake. 

"Do you think it could work Kol?" I ask since he had more experience with spells and magic then I do he reads it over before nodding. "I should. I  can't find anything wrong with it." He pulls me in for a side hug and the others all relax a little finally happy that the whole family together again. 

"Kol do you think you can manage this without me? You can channel me if you wish but I just want to sleep."

"You don't need to ask sister. Your carry another human being, sleep all you want." My heart melts a little at being called sister and I hug him as tears fill my eyes. Stupid hormones. He chuckles as he hugs me back and soon enough Nik comes over and lifts me up from under my arms like a child. I giggle as I wrap myself around him like a koala bear.  I snuggle my face into his neck as he carries me to our room. I smile at him adoringly as he take off my shoes, socks, jeans and jacket before pulling my hair into a loose braid and tucks me in, but only after he places a kiss on my bump. "Rest, we can handle the rest." I pull him down for a kiss. I run my fingers through his hair and get comfortable. He smiles and pecks my lips one last time before leaving.

I wake up to hear everyone down stairs along with a sharp pain. The pain fades quickly as I sit up and hold my abdomen. I send a wake of magic through me to make sure my son was alright and find myself in labor. What I had felt was a contraction. I chose not to say anything until my water broke just to stop Nik from going into a panic and dragging me to the hospital where I would have to wait hours to even get remotely close to delivery.  I wasn't nine months yet but considering the baby was going to be part wolf, witch and vampire I wasn't entirely worried as he was fully formed and healthy. 

I shower and get changed into a pair of stretchy shorts and one of Niks hoodies. I pull on a pair of black ankle socks before going down stairs. It took a while but I finally made it to the kitchen along with flipping of Kol who starts to waddle around like a penguin after seeing me. He also received a slap to the head from a tall blonde. 

I grab some food from the kitchen rubbing my side as another contraction hits. I look at my watch and find its been around 40 minutes, I wait for the pain to fade and once it does I walk into the living room as I eat some apple slices dipped in peanut butter. 

"You must be Freya. I'm Stella. It's nice to finally meet you. Apple slice?" I ask as I hold out the plate. She chuckles and takes one and greats me. "Thank you. Its nice to meet you as well. I believe you helped find me and free me, so thank you for that as well."

"Anything for family" I say as I sit down on Nik's lap and continue snaking on my apples. About half an hour passes before my next contraction. This goes on for another seven hours before I feel my shorts become wet. I was by myself in mine and Niks room so I quickly clean myself up and change into a tie up dress that was easy to remove and braid my hair back so it wasn't in the way. 

I pause every now and then to deal with the pain of another contraction. They were roughly every 10 minutes now. I slid my feet into a pair of sandals and grab the hospital bag before going down stairs. "Nik! You son of a bitch!" I yell out when I reach the bottom step and a particularly bad contraction hits. 

I hear Kol and Bekah sniggering in the background. Nik comes out of his art room to find me panting as I lean against the stair railings, clutching my abdomen in pain. "It's time?" 

I glare at him for his obvious question. He swallows sharply and rushes over to me. He picks up the hospital bag from where I had dropped it and scoops me up bridal style. "Guy's the baby is coming. Call the others and meet us at the hospital." Nik says to he others over his shoulder as we leave. I can't help but smile when I hear Bekah, Freya and Vina let out excited squeals. 

Nik goes to but me in the car but I shake me head. "Not enough time. Run." I say, already too tired to make full sentences.