21 #

A/N
This chapter is dedicated to @miaduratyyh for naming the puppy from the previous chapter.

Livvy xoxo

---

When Nick comes out of the house. I watch amused as I see him freeze out of the corner of my eye. "Love, what are you doing?"

"Playing with our new puppy. Meet Titan." I tell him from my spot on the grass. I was laying on my front while tapping my hands on the floor in front of me. Titan was copying my actions, jumping on his front paws while moving side to side. He gives off small little barks in between that melt my heart. 

"Our?" Nick walks over and sits next to me on the ground. I smile when he starts running a hand up and down my back. Titan leaves my side and starts sniffing Nick's leg. "Find out where we are going?" I question as I turn to lay on my back, his hand now resting on my hip.

"Tulley. Some bar called southern comfort." Two screams ring out from the house as Stefan starts playing with his food. Again. 

"While Stefan is busy I have to talk to you. You need Elena's blood to create your hybrids. That's one of the reasons why I was finding ways to keep her alive. And before you get mad, I brought some of her blood with us." I continue when I see him about to speak up as his anger increases. His body tenses as I speak but he slowly calms down when he realizes what I've done for him.

"How did you know?" He asks as he looks down at me and begins to trace so design on my hip. "It seems you mother is still messing with you even while dead" I let him figure out the rest. The screaming stops  as Stefan walks out of the house, blood coating his chin and staining the front of his shirt. None of us say anything as we drive down Highway 41. Titan had fallen asleep in my lap while trying to bite my fingers as I curled up in the back seat. 

I make sure to text Jenna, Jeremy, Damon and Caroline on a daily basis. All of us were keeping each other updated on what was going on. I knew Jeremy was slipping slightly with school and work, but I also knew it was hard for him to focus on everything with the supernatural filling his life. He wasn't exactly normal. I helped him with his studies as much as I could over the phone and made sure everything was okay money wise. So the only reason why he kept his job at the grill was to have the 'normal' experience. 

It was late morning when we finally reach the bar. Stefan goes inside first and compels everyone to mind their own business and ignore anything that the three of us did. I pick Titan up and go inside with Nik beside me, his arm not moving from around my waist. Looking around I hum along to Barton Hollow by The Civil Wars that was playing on the speakers making Nik smile at me. 

I place Titan into Nik's arms for a moment before walking over to a human. I lean forward compelling them. "Take this and go to the local pet store. Get the basic that every dog needs. Including a collar and lead. Then bring it here" I hand him my credit card and he repeats my order before walking out. 

I smile as I watch Nik scratch Titan behind the ears. He may not act like it but he really was growing to like the young pup. I kiss his cheek before he puts Titan in my arms. We both look over when the door opens and in walked a brunette, 30 something year old man in a grey top and red checked shirt.

We hear the bar tender shout out "What's up Ray" Nik and I give each other a look and he walks over to the bar while I get comfortable in a booth nearby. Ordering the both of us lunch from the bar before I do. I also ask for a mix of raw steak and a few veggies for Titan, along with a  water bowl for him. 

"Ray? Ray Sutton?." Nik stands beside Ray as a bear is placed in front of him. "Who wants to know?"

"I've been looking everywhere for you. We started in Florida. Pensacola. I met a young chap there who worked with you before you moved to Memphis. Now, he directed me to two lovely young women. And they led me here. to you." I watch as my mate sits down, trying to agitate Ray while freaking him out slightly in the process. 

"I think I'll be going." Ray puts down his drink before getting off his stool and attempting to leave. "Not so fast, mate. You only just got here. Now your type are very hard to come by." Nik stops him and Stefan moves to stand behind Ray to stop him from leaving again. 

"I wouldn't do that." Stefan says and he block Ray's path at an inhuman speed "Vampires."

"You're swifty-swift, Ray." I roll my eyes at Nik's slight taunting as a waitress places my chicken burger and fries in front of me as well as putting Titans bowls on the floor. "Your other order will be our shortly" I nod in thanks to her and she walks away.

"Yes, my friend here is a vampire. He's compelled everyone in the bar. So, don't look to them for any help. I, however am something else. A different kind of monster. I've got some vampire. I've got some wolf."

"You what?"

"A hybrid, Ray. I'm both. Oh, and my girl over there is pretty much a goddess" I blush at Nik's words while he points to me. I ignore my reaction and add a dramatic flare by levitating the salt shaker off the table and making it float around while my attention is on my food. "You see, I want to create more of me. Now, you being the first werewolf I've come across in many a moon--pun intended, Rey. Heh. -- I need you to direct me to your pack. So where can I find them. Ray?"

"You can't compel me. It won't work." Nik and Stefan share a look before Stefan pull out the wolfsbane I had packed with me. He turns the the bartender as he does, Nik getting comfortable. 

"Can I get a Scotch on the rocks, please? Ahem. Tell you what, Ray. We're gonna play a little drinking game. Something I like to call Truth or Wolfsbane." Stefan tells the wolf as he uses a dart to stir the yellow plant into the whiskey.

Nik smirks when Ray's heartrate picks up slightly in fear at the sight of the dried yellow flower.  "Oh, this is going to be fun, Ray."