54

"We should take this conversation elsewhere." With that Marcel takes us both back to his place and we all sit together awkwardly. I ended up laying down to take some strain off my back and watched as the two men simply stared at each other. I take Nik's hand in mine and play with his ring to help calm him. It works and he takes a deep breath as he relaxes. Marcel watches us the whole time in curiosity. "So, What are you and your siblings doing back in New Orleans?" He breaks the silence first and Nik down the last of his drink before answering. "We are looking for my older sister. We had believed her dead but as usual with my family, nothing is ever that simple."

Marcel scoffs lightly in agreement, knowing himself just how dramatic the life of an original could be. "I'll help but on one condition. Your help with Davina" he turns to me and I sit up. I think over everything and nod. "Deal. But we have to do this now. My pregnancy is a little faster then most so I want this done before he is born."

He nods and starts telling me about the ritual, Davina and the girls hat where killed in the reaping. I let him know that while to ritual works it was called forbidden for a reason. While it did work it meant that with every generation the same thing would have to be done again and there wasn't always a guarantee of every girl coming back. Those who participated in the ritual would also become corrupted by the dark magic and greedy for power to the point of becoming homicidal. Not to mention that Davina wouldn't last much longer with all that magic. Her body was young and not designed to hold it all, soon enough the magic itself will fight its way to become one with the earth again.

The two listen to me silently as they undoubtably start forming plans in their mind. When I'm done explaining everything about the ritual they both look at each other with the same determined look. "We kill the witches." Nik says before looking at me. I nod and face Marcel. "I can make a necklace that will absorb any excess magic from Davina. She will still be able to use it just when her body is able to or she can channel it for bigger spells. Don't kill the witches until I meet Davina, they could have linked someone to her to make sure she doesn't die until they get her magic so I'll need to break any spell first."  I say and he nods telling me he can take me to her now if I was ready. I nod and the three of us make our way to an abandoned looking church. 

We go up a set of stairs that lead to the attic and Marcel walks into the room. I sense the barrier in place and while I could just walk in I decided to wait here with Nik. "Davina, I brought some friends with me for you to meet." He calls out a petite teen in a knee length white dress walks out from behind a divider. I give her a comforting smile and wave as I keep one hand on my bump. 

she relaxes once she sees I'm not a threat "My name is Stella St. Claire. I'm a witch like you. May I come in?" I ask and she nods. I smile and step in and stand next to Marcel. I notice her look over my shoulder at Nik "Don't worry about him, he can stay there if it will make you more comfortable"

She nods hesitantly and turns her attention back to me, I motion to the armchair near her bed. "Do you mind? Little one is kicking my spine right now" 

"Go for it. What are you doing here anyway? I can sense that your planning something but don't know what" She says as we sit down, her on the edge of her bed facing me. "I'm here to help you. I can make a necklace that will help you store the excess power that your body doesn't know what to do with. I assume from the look on your face now that you have already started coughing up dirt?"

"WHAT!!" Marcel shouts from the other side of the room as he quickly comes over and holds Davina's face in his hands, turning from side to side as if the see an injury. "Is this really killing her?" I nod solemnly before getting up. I walk over to the jewelry stand that was on her night stand and find a crystal necklace. I mutter a spell under my breath letting the metal pendant light up purple before I clasp it around her neck. The moment the chain is connected she gasps and she colour returns back to her cheeks, he eyes looking brighter as the damage to her body was repaired.

After she gets used to the feeling she launches herself at me only to jump back immediately after when Nik growls "I don't mind you hugging my mate little one but do be carful of my pup." She relaxes when she realizes why he growled and looked to me with an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry. I promise I didn't mean any harm."

I chuckle at the slight panic I could feel coming off of her. "It's fine sweetie, I know." I hold open my arms and she ends up sitting in my lap sideways as she hugs me. "You kind of remind me of my mom." she says quietly, I don't respond and continue playing with her hair. She ends up drifting off and the boys leave to deal with the witches, while they do that Elijah and Bekah went to find Freya and Kol and Finn worked on preparing the spell to wake her up and transfer all of her sleeping years to Dahlia. I till needed to figure out what to do with that woman.