37

Nik decided that we should sleep first and wake his siblings in the morning since he didn't want to risk me getting stressed overall the excitement. We had fallen asleep wrapped up in each others arms with Nik caressing the baby bump. Within the next couple of weeks I would have to start using magic to hide the bump since there was only so much baggy clothes could hide.

When I woke up the next morning I was in bed alone Nik left a small note on his pillow.

Making breakfast, come down when your ready love.

- Nik x

I smiled at the note a pulled a sheer robe over my night gown. My night gown was a simple Navy blue with tiny white Pokka dots and a white trim along the neckline, that showed off my baby bump. My robe was a matching Navy blue 'Cassandra' dressing gown, with sheer material and faux fur trim that trailed on the floor slightly.

 My robe was a matching Navy blue 'Cassandra' dressing gown, with sheer material and faux fur trim that trailed on the floor slightly

I smile as I make my way down the stairs and see my mate standing at the stove and professionally flipping pancakes. I use my magic to hide my scent before soundlessly walking over and wrapping my arms around his waist. I chuckle when I feel him jump, satisfied that I managed to scare him. He looks over his shoulder at me with a mock glare but I could see the smile dancing on his lips. 

"Morning Love. Sleep well." I hum in response as I press my cheek against his shoulder, hugging him tighter. "Better then I have in ages" 

He continues making pancakes but this time he does it one handed as he places his other hand over mine and laces our fingers together. When he's done he makes me sit at the island while he dishes up and pours the drinks. He knew I was still craving apple juice so he placed a glass in front of me along with a mug of warmed blood. I kiss his dimples in thanks causing a giddy, yet adorable, smile take over his face.

We eat in silence, but nothing needed to be said. After we finished eating I used my magic to clean the mess while I took my prenatal vitamins and Nik attempted to call Bekkah again. On the third attempt he gives up but I can see his worry for his little sister increase. There was a knock on the door and Jeremy walking in with Titan. 

"Why do you knock if your only going to waltz in like you own the place anyway?" I question my brother as Titan runs over to Nik for belly rubs. "Why wouldn't I?" I tilt my head to the side with a pout when I realise I can't argue with him on that one.

"Fair enough" With that he comes over and gives my a hug before giving my belly a gentle fist bump. I rolled my eyes at this but couldn't deny the warmth that bloomed in my chest at the action. Jeremy couldn't wait to become an uncle.

"We are going to be leaving in about an hour, you can stay here if you want?"

"Can I? Elena's driving me mad. She won't stop talking about how they have to find different ways to kill Klaus, or complaining about how you should be using you magic to help her rather then letting her defend herself." It's his turn to roll his eyes with a huff and he crosses his arms, his tone showing just how annoyed and tired he was. I knew he would love Elena no matter what but if she wasn't careful with how she acted or treated Jeremy, his hate would over power his love and she would ultimately loose him.

I ruffle his hair to help cheer him up. "There are some cookies in the freezer, you know what to do" his mood changes as he lets out a whoop of excitement before running into the kitchen. Nik gets up from the floor as Titan patters over to his fluffy bed in the corner. "We should get ready, it's time to wake the rest of our family." I let my excitement shine through, I see it shine in Nik's eyes to except he tries to hide it rather then letting it out. He was far too used to having to suppress his emotions.

Once showered I changed into a simple pair of cuffed blue jeans, a plain black t-shirt and denim jacket that was a few shades lighter then my jeans. My mate forced me to sit down as he put on a pair of white ankle socks onto my feet along with my favourite pink converse. I smiled at him before leaning forward and placing a kiss on the crown of his head. Taking the chance too since I was too short to do so often. He turned his gaze to my face after he does up my laces, when he's done making the perfect bows his rest his head on my bump and starts talking to our unborn son.

I simply sit back on my hands and enjoy the moment, since he was off finding new potential Hybrids we hadn't been able to spend much time together after summer ended. We stay like that for a while and a part of me thought he had fallen asleep from how long he had stayed still but his emotions said otherwise. "What are you doing my darling?" I whispered afraid to startle him. 

"Listening to his heartbeat, It's becoming stronger." I smile when I take a listen for myself, I hadn't realised it since I had gotten used to hearing the fast pace beating. I continue to play with my mates curls until he stood up and holds his out to me. I place my warm palm into his rough one and he gently grasps my hand and pulls my to my feet. He kisses my forehead and pulls me with him as he walks down stairs. 

"See you later Jeremy, Don't burn your sisters house down mate." Nik shouts over his shoulder as he takes his phone and keys from my side table. I only grab my phone since my credit card was inside the case and Nik had a spare house key, as of this morning, on his keys.

Jere-bear simply salutes him as he tries to bite into a frozen ball of cookie dough. I had a habit of making cookie dough and then freezing it in portions so I never had too cook off a whole batch. It helped since when I used to cook the whole batch I would eat most of them in one day out of boredom alone.