23 #

When I next wake up it's the next morning and I'm in the backseat of the car with my head in Nik lap. I smile when I feel him running his hand through my hair, while Stefan drives and a temporarily dead Ray sits in the passenger seat. I take Nik's hand in mine and place a kiss to the palm of before playing with his fingers. He smiles down at me before lifting my hand to his lips and repeating my action. 

I send my feelings of love through our bond making him do the same. Titan barks happily at us before he stands up on my shoulder, his front paws on Nick's shoulder as he starts licking his face. I laugh at the disgusted look Nick pulls as he places his free hand between Titan and his face. Effectively stopping the puppy's attack.

After another 10 minutes of driving we all get out of the car. "Where are we?"

"The smoky mountains, Love" Nik pulls out a travel doggy water bottle and a bowl of dog kibble. He places them both on the ground and Titan eats happily. Nik then pulls out a dog collar and lead from a bag before handing them to me. 

I look at the collar and smile at Titans name on it. The collar was just a standard black leather with silver clasps, while the lead was a metal chain with a leather handle. 

I slip the collar around his neck as he eats and clasp the lead in place. When Titan has finished eating he belches, shocking up all. After a moment I chuckle at how human the action was.

I take my side bag from the boot only for Nik to immediately take it off of me. I give him a playful glare before picking up Titans food bowl and placing it back in the boot. I was keeping the bottle on me just in case he got thirst on the hike. 

Nik takes my hand as we start walking while Stefan carried Ray on his shoulder. We get about halfway up with Nik decides he wants to annoy Stefan a little. "Are you okay? Is Ray getting heavy?"

"I'm fine."

"You sure about that? We've been walking for quite some time now. Do you need some water or a little sit-down?" I roll my eyes at my mate, before I place Titans lead in his hand and proceed to jump onto his back. He gives me a look over his shoulder "What all the talking of taking a break made me want to take one" I give him an innocent look and kiss his cheek before pressing my face into his shoulder.

Stefan ignores me and responds to Niks words "You know, I get that we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, It'd be great."

"So much brooding." Nik wraps his hands around my thighs to stop me from falling as he continues to hold Titans lead. "Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend,"

"Maybe it's because I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer." 

"Thanks to our pay, Ray, We've found ourselves a pack." I look up when Nik stops walking and see that we were in a clearing where a pack of werewolves were still setting up camp for the night. 

Stefan walks over to them and dumps Ray onto the ground. Once of the females run over to check on him. "Ray. Oh, my God. What's going on? Who are you?" I jump down from Niks back and lift Titan into my arms, scratching behind his ears while my mate steps forward.

"The important question is, who am I? please for give the intrusion. My name is Klaus."

"Your the hybrid" The girl took a step back, fear in her eyes. 

"You've heard of me. Fantastic." I move to sit on one of the fallen trees while pulling out my phone. By some miracle I still had cell reception. I check my phone to find a message from Damon and Jenna. I open Damon's first.  

Andie is now a vampire. She says thanks for the daylight ring and for the heads up. Thank you momma wolf. Love ya. XOXO

I smile and reply to him.

Your welcome, little cub. I should be home soon. Love you too x

I hit send before opening Jenna's

Morning

Please, tell me your okay?

Update: you are so dead when you get home!

I laugh at that one knowing Jere asked her about what happened in high school. My laughter fades as I read her last message. 

I can't find Caroline. She's been missing since last night. 

Shit. I focus on my magic and try to connect myself to her ring, but I don't feel it. Meaning she doesn't have it on and I'm not close enough to track her with out a map or her blood. I pull up Bonnie's contact info.

I know you don't like me but Care is missing I can't do a locator spell. Help me, Please. 

I can feel that Care is alive, but I can't feel if she is in pain or not. I snap out of my worries when I see Ray gasp back to life. I pull out one of Elena's blood bags and pour a small amount into a vial. I walk over to Ray and tip the vial down his throat. 

He tries fighting me, but I'm stronger. Once he swallows all of the blood I step back and watch as he falls to his hands and knees and screams out in pain. Everyone gasps when he throws his head back and showcases his now gold and black eyes and new set of fangs. 

I feel Nik's childlike giddiness and even under the circumstances I can't help but smile. "Whoever wants to become a hybrid can, if you don't then we won't turn you. If you become a hybrid, you will no longer have to turn during a full moon and can turn whenever you want. Now your sifts will still be painful for the first 20 or so times until your body gets used to it. You will be faster, stronger and harder to kill. The choice is yours if you want to become a hybrid then step forward if you want to remain a werewolf then step back. There is no judgement here." I announce as I stand next to Nik.

Nik and I had spoken about all of this before and he had agreed to turn whoever asked for it, apart for Ray, and treat them with with respect. I had done a spell on Elenas blood so they wouldn't be sired to him. They would be loyal since its in a wolfs nature and it gets amplified in transition but not to the point where they would be mindless servants. 

A/N

One of my dogs actually burps. Anyone else? or is my dog just special. I found when writing this episode, in the subtitles at around 2:35 they name Stefan, Edward. Now I'm calling him sparkles in my head.