44

I smirk when Nik flinches slightly as I appear next to him. He gives a small chuckle as he removes his hand from over his heart. "Really love?"

I smile cheekily and nod before standing in front of him and wrapping my arms around his neck. He smirks and places his warm hands on my hips.

"How do you feel about being my date to a counsel meeting this evening?"

I tap my chin to make it seem like I was thinking and hummed. After doing this for a few moments Nik decides to tickle my ribcage making me laugh. "Okay, okay. I'll go."

"Good. I would have dragged you with me anyway." I roll my eyes but snuggle into him none the less. I wanted to enjoy being able to hug him as much as I could before the bump started betting to big. "What do I need to wear?"

"Something smart but not too formal." I nod and think over what outfit I could wear so I wouldn't have to worry about it later. We spend the next two hours watching rush hour and eating popcorn and pretzels before I give my mate a kiss goodbye and teleport to mine after promising to be back in 30 minutes. 

I shower quickly to freshen up before changing into a pair of black jeans, a grey cotton tee tucked into hit with a pair of black heals and a loose white blazer. I use my magic to dry my hair and leave in to delicate waves before concealing my bump and coating my lips in a nude lipstick. 

I put my phone in my pocket and leave my bag since I knew I wouldn't need it. I did tuck my credit card into my phone case though just encase and made sure I had an extra pendant. My magic had become a little less reliable lately due to the hormone changes but once that balanced out again my magic would stop being effected.

I walk outside just in time for Nik to pull up in his car. I smile when he gets out of the car and holds the door open for me. He kisses my forehead as I get it. 

"So what mischief are you causing tonight?" I ask as he starts the car and drive off. He gives me a cheeky smirk and I can't help but reach over and poke his dimple. 

"I don't know what your talking about, Love" I roll my eyes but smile as I kiss the back of the hand that I was holding. 

When we pull up to the Lockhart manor Nik helps me back out of the car and we walk in hand in hand. Since he had already been invited it we simply walk through the door. We walk around for a moment and look over the bridge model before we find who we are looking for. 

"Mayor Lockwood. It's a pleasure to finally meet you" Carol turns around to face us and gives a polite smile when she sees me. "Hello, I haven't met you before. Are you new to town?"

"Yes. I'm Niklaus Mikaelson. I've recently just moved in with my girl" I blush at being called his girl and carol looks between us with a smile. 

"I hope you don't mind Carol. But I told Klaus about the fundraiser today and, Oh, well, Darling, why don't you tell her" I turn to look at Nik while a server comes by with glasses of champagne. I grab two glasses and hold mine for show, but don't drink it. I had always drunk at social advents so it would look out of place if I didn't.

"Of course Love. I would like to pledge to match every dollar you make tonight." Carol looks shocked at the pledge but ultimately happy at the prospect. 

"Well, Thank you. I'm sure the town will appreciate everything we could do with the money."

We all go into the study to discuss thing before leaving and re-joining those that were mingling in the halls

"Of course. Between you and me. When I think of a Mayor, I think of an old fuddy-duddy. But you really have changed my perception." I roll my eyes gently and slap his chest. "Don't mind him Carol. He's a bit of a flirt, but its all in good fun."

Every time I take a 'sip' from my glass I made the liquid appear in Nik's glass so that I could get away with it. Nik knew what I was doing so he was sure to drink twice the amount I was 'drinking' and holding his glass by the flute rather then the stem so he hold hid the level in the glass.

"Oh, It's fine my dear. It's nice to hear a compliment every now and then."

"Look at what the cat dragged in" I smile at the voice and turn to look Damon. "Hey sweetie." I kiss his cheek and he smiles back down at me. "Hey Momma wolf." Carol was used to hearing Damon give nicknames to everyone so she didn't react to the one Damon had given me. 

"Nice vest" Damon compliments Nik. "Thank you. Good to see you, Damon. Uh, Carol, Stella and I were just about to discuss whether or not you would be the tonight's other big benefactor."

"What do you say Damon, Klaus has made a very generous pledge. You know how we're chomping a bit to begin renovation" As Carol speaks Damon steals the glass from my hand and downs it, despite the glass in his hand. I give him a fake annoyed look and when no one is looking I mouth 'thank you' He simply winks in response and hand the empty glass back to me.

"Hmm. Carol don't take this the wrong way, but do you realize you've been kissing the ass of an immortal hybrid, who ruined your friends life." Damon says and I shake my head to try and get him to stop. He doesn't.

"Come now, some might say I saved it what with the nasty full-moon business. I never had to go through it myself more than twice, to be honest, but still, I'm very sympathetic." I rub Niks shoulder in fake concern as I subtly stamp on Damon's foot in warning not to say any else that was stupid. I knew Nik was trying to play the sympathy card from how much he had changed his tone.

Damon rolls his eyes before Carol turns back to him. "Klaus has promised to protect Tyler, Damon. And our town."

"From who? His hybrids are the ones this town needs protection from."

"Well, I'd have no use for them if your brother would kindly return my family." I feel the tension start to pick up so I move to stand between the two as a barrier of sorts.

"Not going to happen."

"That's what I thought. Which is why I've come to an agreement with the Mayor. You and the council stay out of my hair, I'll stay out of yours. Your town gets protects, my hybrids get left alone, everybody will be happy." Nik mentioned what we had discussed earlier. "All you have to do is get Stefan to stop decapitating my friends."

"Please Damon, just get your brother under control or the council will be forced to take action against him" Carol warns him. I notice my son getting angrier so I place my hand over his heart and push some of my magic into his blood stream with the intent of calming him. "You've gotta be kidding me." 

"Oh, come on, mate. Give peace a chance." My phone goes of and I check it to see Caroline had texted me.

Feeling better now, thank you for the talk. I'm with the others in the cemetery having a funeral for me and getting drunk. 

She ends the text with a grave stone emoji and a heart making me smile as I type out a reply.

Glad your feeling better. Happy birthday care-bear. I love you xoxo

"Let's go home darling. You must be tired" I nod and let Nik take me home. I kiss Damon's cheek once more and ruffle his hair a little before we leave.