8 #

Waking up I still had Jeremy burrowed into my side. Getting up as gently as I could I go back to my room to get dressed into my denim shorts and black tank top making sure to put my bikini on underneath, I head down stairs and start making breakfast for everyone.  A phone call and an hour later I'm setting out a giant stack of pancakes, syrup, butter, fruit, scrambled eggs and candied bacon. All of Jeremy's all time favorites. 

I can hear everyone waking up one of them moving faster than the others at the smell of food, just as I set the coffee pot on the table I turn to see Jeremy slip on the last three steps in his haste to get down them. "Jeremy!" running over to him I helped him up and was about to check him for injury when he practically shoved me to the side and ran to the kitchen. "FOOD!" he stands in front of it all practically bouncing on the spot as he looks over at me as if to ask for permission. 

Smiling at his antics I nod and watch as he starts filling his plate up to the point of it overflowing before he sits down and digs in, eating so fast I was afraid he was going to choke. Shaking my head I place a kiss on his forehead and smile as I join him "Morning Bubba" after I sit down with my plate I pour both of us a coffee before pouring one for Jenna as she joins us and place the pot down near where Elena will sit. "Morning Jenna '' I laugh when Jenna simply waved me off as she holds her coffee mug like it's her life line.

Halfway through breakfast Elena finally decides to join us. "Morning Jeremy, Jenna" I knew not to expect anything from Elena and simply scoffed at her childish behavior. While she dishes up her plate I look over her arm checking for any bruising and happy to see none. "So Jeremy I'm free for the rest of the day before I have to get ready for the dance. What do you say we go swimming up by the falls like old times?" I turn to him, smiling when I see maple syrup smeared across his face while he smiles wide before frowning slightly. I throw a napkin in his face as he replies "I cant I have school today" he tells me as he wipes his face clean. Picking up my dishes I ruffle his hair affectionately as I walk past.

"Actually I called a favor in with your principle this morning and got you the day off, on the condition that you get your work from your teachers later and complete it." Putting everything in the sink I turn to face him getting tackled into a hug "your the best, we haven't had a proper time to hang out since you got back" he quickly washes the syrup from his hands before placing a kiss on my cheek and running upstairs to get dressed. "Wear your swimming shorts" I call out to him as he goes.

While Jeremy is getting ready I start putting together a lunch for the two of us along with a small selection of drinks and pack it into the old white wicker picnic basket we've had since I was first adopted by the Gilbert family. Hearing Jeremy come down the stairs I quickly sneak four bottles of beer into my bag as a surprise for later. Slinging my bag over my shoulder I pick up the basket "Bubba can you grab the towels please" nodding he picks them up and follows me out to the car. "you can put them on the back seat" I tell him as I open the boot I place everything inside being careful of the bow and arrows I had kept there.

Getting into the drivers side I smile at Jeremy before we drive off. "So tell me everything that's happened since I left" he sighs loudly and reclines his seat back. "A lot has happened but to summarize everything: one of the oldest vampires in existence is after Elena. Kathrine turned Caroline and made Tyler trigger his werewolf curse. I've lost count of the amount of times Ric has died and come back. Kathrine is stuck in the tomb, Bonnie's grams died trying to do the spell and Elena is still whiny. She makes it out like she is nothing like Kathrine but she's worse, I mean at least she admits to being a bitch whereas Elena just acts innocent. Don't get me wrong she's our sister and I love her. I just don't like that everyone has lost so much to save her yet she barely does anything in return and I still hate the way she treats you" by the time he finishes his rant I've pulled up to the parking lot.