46

The next morning I use my magic to pack all of Jeremy's things into boxes while he was in school. The Principle had denied my request so Jere gave me permission to pack his things. Since I didn't want to invade his privacy I used my magic for everything except for the photo frames. Which I wrapped individually in bubble wrap before putting them into a box. I do half the room before I notice that my magic was starting to act up slightly. 

I stop the flow of magic and leave the room for a break. As I walk down the stairs I get a text from Damon. 

Some medical dude was found dead this morning. Stake to the heart.

I look at it confused as I join Jen in the kitchen. "Hey Jen did you switch the rings around like I told you too."

"What rings?" She asks through a mouthful of toast. "The gilbert ring I changed for Alaric?" I clarify and she nods.

"Oh, Yeah. Why?"

"You sure. You didn't give him the wrong one back?"

"Um... Yeah, the one you spelled was a little lighter in colour. I left the other one on my jewelry stand" With that I knew the answer. I groan and ask her to give me the ring she still had. She comes back after a moment and hands it to me I sense my own imprint on it and swear. "Fuck sake! Where was Ric last night?"

"His apartment. Why what's wrong?"

"What's wrong is that this is the ring I spelled. Meaning he was wearing the old one the whole time. Some one was killed last night in the same way that vampires are killed. See if you can find an alibi for Ric. I've got to check something." I grab my bag and run out hearing Jen shout after me. 

"Shit! "I wave my hand in the air. If Ric had found a way to switch the rings back with out realizing then it wasn't exactly her fault. Especially if Ric didn't know about the second ring the whole time.

I call Damon, the moment he picks up I don't allow him to say anything before speaking "Find Ric. It's him. Long story I promise to explain later. Just find him and put him in the dungeon at yours. I'm on my way there now." I hang up and climb into the car. 

I drive to his quickly and call Nik as I do. "Hey sweetie, I'm going to be a little busy today dealing with some scooby drama. Can we do dinner instead of lunch?"

"Of course my love. What has happened? Anything you need my assistance with?"

"No, I should be able to deal with it. Ric was wearing the wrong magical ring and had now developed a second personality that basically amplifies the hunter in him to the point where he will kill innocent people" I tell him as if it's any other day while I pull up to the boarding house. I smile and wave when I see Andy in the doorway waiting for me. Damon must have called her.

"Just be careful. Keep me updated through the bond. I want to make sure you two are okay ."

"Of course darling. I have to go, I'm at the boarding house. I love you"

"I love you too my mate. And you my littlest wolf"

I smile at the nickname he had created for our son and hang up. I get out of the car and Andy speeds over to me. She gives me a hug, careful with her new found strength.

"I've missed you so much Stella. I never got to thank you for the heads up."

"You're welcome Andy. After everything you do for my son. You deserve it." she smiles and takes my hands in hers as she guides me in side. Damon didn't like the idea of lying to Andy so I had told her about the baby and about Damon giving me updates about the scooby gang. Nik already knew about his siblings whereabout but he was too curious about how far Stefan would go and pushing peoples buttons that he choose not to go to them just yet. 

"How's everything going? You know with.." Andy trails off as she points to my stomach. My bump was hidden with magic and a baggy button up. "Good, appetites been changing and hormones are starting to increase, but I'm very happy." 

She smiles and Damon shows up with an unconscious Ric thrown over his shoulder. "Basement please. Until I can figure out how to undo the damage done to him, I'm going to need him detained." I say and Damon looks over at Ric with a sad expression before speeding him down to the basement. I follow after and take off his ring, replacing it with the new one in hopes of reversing the effects. 

"You two going to be alright together? Bonnie is searching for her mother and I told Elena I would help." 

"Of course. Andy and I will have some girl time while I try and think of ways to help Ric. Hopefully he isn't too far gone for me to help." I say with a smile. I kiss the top of his head when he bends down for me to do so. He kisses Andy sweetly before speeding out.

"I would ask if you want wine, but that is clearly a no go. What are you craving?" Andy asks as she pours herself a glass of wine and mixes it with blood. 

"Mango juice is my current craving. I'll get it though. Damon makes me keep him up to date with my cravings so he always has something here for me. You can switch the rings over for me though" I say and give her the spelled ring. I smile at the thoughtfulness of my son before walking into the kitchen. I grab some food for us to share while I'm there and we sit on the floor around the table with food and drink between us with spell books surrounding us. Since Andy was a journalist she was amazing at research and we ended up finding a few things we could do to help Ric before I feel my mate getting closer. 

I can't help the giddy feeling that comes over me and Andy gives me a confused look at my quick emotional change. Her expression quickly turns to one of understanding when she hears Nik chuckle from the other side of the door, obviously feeling my emotions.