9 #

~Klaus's pov~

I can't believe I have to attend a high school dance, especially one that's 60's themed. God, was the 60's intolerable, but I will put up with anything if it meant breaking my curse. Walking around the school gym I find who I'm looking for "Dana, who's your friend?"

"It's me Mr. Saltzman, Chad from 3rd period" placing my hand on his shoulder I smirk starting my plan to mess with my precious doppelganger "how would you and you friends like a little extra credit?" after compelling Chad and a couple of his friends to corner Jeremy while Dana made a special announcement for me once Elena came.

Waiting around for my plan to kick in was becoming a tedious thing, luckily for me I didn't have to wait too long or I might have killed someone out of boredom. "Here's a special dedication to Elena, from Klaus" I watch in satisfaction as fear fills Elena's face while the others just look shocked. Damon makes his way over to me still completely unaware that their precious little history teacher isn't even here. "Special dedication, guys a little twisted" I tell him as I try not to smirk, it doesn't last long "I'm not impressed" this fucker "let me know if you see anything out of whack" he orders me before walking off, the nerve of the young vampires these days.

Before I could even start to contemplate all the ways I could kill the bastard a set of soft lips touch my cheek, well Alaric's. "Evening Ric, you're already looking bored out of your mind" the voice was soft, sweet and feminine. Turning to face who it was I'm left shocked at her beauty. Long hair that cascaded over her shoulders in soft waves, hair that appeared a rich chocolate brown but at a closer look had strands of black, honey gold and red, a kaleidoscope of colors. The beauties eyes were the colour of the purist ocean and her skin a flawless cream. "hey, can I get the files I left in your room?" shaking my head I hold out my arm to her with a smirk "of course love" walking to Alaric's tragic history classroom, still don't understand how he could stand being around teenagers all day without wanting to kill them. Walking in I find myself slammed against the wall. "I know for a fact that you are not Alaric, so my darling what is your name? and why are you in my best friend's body?"

"Well love, I am Niklaus Mikaelson and I must say this is very hot" smirking, I watch her as she lifts her hand and holds my, Alaric's, face in her hand, her voice a mere whisper. "I wish I knew what you truly looked like. You're my soulmate so I'm going to trust you with my greatest secret, my darling" I give her a small smile as I place my hand on top of hers "soulmate?" she nods as she looks down at the ground "I'm the only one of my kind, but to make up for it I have a soulmate. Someone who compliments me so completely, someone who will love me no matter what and I would love in return just as strongly." The passion in her words shocked me slightly, and I can't help but feel proud that I was the one who got to belong to the beauty in front of me.

Placing my index beneath her chin I lift her head back up and lean in to kiss her, but before our lips can touch she places her hand over my mouth. "As much as I would love to kiss you my love, I feel like I would cheating on you while you're wearing my best friend's face not to mention the fact that he is in love with my aunt." I laugh against her hand and rest my forehead against hers "understandable, I can wait, but for now love why don't you tell me your name" a smile lights up her face as she looks me in the eye. "My name is Stella St. Claire / Gilbert"

I pull away from her shocked "Your a Gilbert" I know I would never be able to hurt her by killing her sister but I also knew I had to kill Elena to break my curse. "oh, don't look so worried my love, I don't actually like Elena, I'm adopted and she never let me forget it ironic considering she is adopted as well. Plus I have a way to make sure that she survives the ritual. She has to die but it says nothing about her staying dead." she runs her hand through my hair before reaching up and placing a kiss on my forehead. "Find me after you finish whatever you plan for tonight. Come over to mine. Preferably in your own body" with that she walks out, swaying her hips in a hypnotic way as she does. When the door shuts I pull my phone out. "Get my body I want to switch back tonight." I hang up before getting a reply from my witch.

Sighing I focus on the task at hand choosing to worry about my mate later. Checking the time I see that Chad should have the Salvatore brothers distracted by now. Well time to kill a witch. Walking outside I find Elena talking to Bonnie. Perfect. "Elena he has Jeremy" shock and disbelief mixed with a little fear fills both of their faces. These guys really are gullible. "what!" I wonder if anyone else noticed how whinny her voice really was. "Yeah, Klaus has Jeremy, come on" walking away before I can get a reaction from them knowing full well they would follow, after all they would never let one of their friends die. 

Honestly I don't know if they are brave, stupid or simply have a death wish, but I wasn't going to complain about it right now since it was making my life easier. I just want today over with so I can go back to my mate.