53

When I woke up in the morning I found Nik packing away some clothes into a suitcase for the both of us. I yawn loudly and make little grabby hands "cuddles" My mate chuckles in response before coming over, laying between my legs and resting his head gently on my bump. Our son kicks and moves around at the added pressure before settling down once more.

We sty like that for a little while before Elijah and Finn come up to get us for breakfast. "Come on. You and the little one need to eat." Finn says as he opens the curtains and Elijah grabs our bags to take them down stairs. Nik groan loudly at the light, he had bee close to falling back asleep when his brothers had come in. 

I wiggle out from under him and use my magic to change my outfit into a pair of black stretchy trousers, a long line white button up and a pair of black flats. I follow Elijah down stairs, leaving Finn to scold Nik for falling back asleep. Elijah takes on an amused smile. We both laugh when we hear a whack followed by a high pitched yelp.

After eating breakfast we all drive to New Orleans in separate cars. Since my energy levels were starting to be affected by the pregnancy I mostly slept along the way, only waking up long enough for food and bathroom breaks. 

When we arrive in the next day Nik took us to an old estate that his siblings stayed at when they originally lived in the French quarter. I use a mix of my magic and my vampire side to get the house clean and ready for us to stay in. Along with setting up any of my witchy items that I may need. I sigh heavily as I stand straight and try to rub the knots out of lower spine. 

"You alright love?" I turn at the sound of my mates voice and give him a tight smile. "Yeah, just starting to feel uncomfortable now. Can we go out to eat?" I say giving him puppy dog eyes, My wolf adding in a whimper of her own.

"Of course, My little wolf." Nik's voice deepens slightly letting me know that his wolf was close to the surface. I give a little cheer and rush to the door to put my shoes on. I grab the keys when I'm done and throw them to Nik, who chuckles at my enthusiasm at the prospect of food. 

We end up at a small bar and diner and I happily sit down at the bar and look over the menu. Nik sits next to me and plays with the ends of my hair as he reads the menu with me, occasionally placing a kiss on my shoulder. I noticed that whenever his wolf was close to the surface he would become twice as touchy feely and clingy. I wasn't going to argue though since my wolf reveled in the attention and would even do the same as him. 

The bar tender came up to us and I could tell she was a witch. I gave Nik a mental heads up and he places his arm around me in a protective manner. "Hi what can I get you?"

"Um, can I get a glass of apple juice and gumbo?" I ask as I lean into Nik's side. She nods and writes down my food order before facing Nik. "The same but a glass of scotch, no ice" I elbow him lightly at his tone while the bartender ands and lets us know that it will be ready soon as she passes us our drinks and Nik pays the total. 

I turn and lean back on him a little while sipping my drink and relax while wee wait for our food. When it arrives we eat in silence and I occasionally go a little happy wiggle in my seat making Nik chuckle at my childish behavior. I finished my food and was now playing games on Nik's phone when I suddenly feel him tense. 

I lookup at him and notice his gaze focused on something. Following his line of sight I a tall dark skinned man who held a cocky smile. "Is that...?" I ask quietly as I trail off. He tightens his hold on my waist in confirmation. Nodding I stand and walk over to him with a kind smile, completely ignoring Nik as he protests behind me.

"You must be Marcellus. Nik has told me a lot about you. I'm Stella. Give my best to Davina and let her know I can help with her magic when she's ready" I add on to the end as I get a read on Marcel as I shake his hand. He freezes at the mention of Davina but I send a small pulse of comforting magic through him to let him know I wasn't a threat.

He nods hesitantly and lets go of my hand before following me over to Nik, who was still sitting shocked. I tap his chin to close his mouth and sit on his lap to stop him from jumping up and potentially attacking the man he saw as a son. 

"Little warrior." My heartbreaks a little at Niks tone and I watch as Marcels cold expression falters slightly before setting back into place. "Hello Niklaus"

A/N 

I am finally on summer holiday!!! Meaning I now have time off from work and study, so I can now finish this book. I have the points I want to write about so hopefully it wont take long.

Always and forever.

Livvy xoxo