40

"Hey guys, what's going on?" I turn to the door with a smile when I see Jeremy standing in the archway. the door behind him was open and I gave a little wave to Tyler who stood there awkwardly. He gave a little salute in return and Jere comes over to hug me. 

"Hey, Jere-bear. I was just telling them about your new job and Ric got curious about the programmes."

"Ah, It's cool right. Proud of you." Jere pulls me into a side hug with a smile and I feel myself blush at the compliment. Other then Jenna and Nik he was the only one who had ever said that to me.

He pull me into a full on bear hug when he notices my eyes becoming misty. I usually wasn't this sensitive but my hormones were just starting to change, combined that with the heightened emotions of a vampire and you could already tell this was going to be a fun pregnancy. Well for me it would be I couldn't say the same for everybody else. 

"Well your just in time, Lunch is almost ready." Elena announces while Jere lets go of me and takes a bottle of water from the fridge. He opens it and hands it to me. Whispering so no one else can hear "You need to stay hydrated." I smile and nod in thanks before rolling my eyes when he stays staring at me until I actually drink some of it. I down half of it and he gives a satisfied nod. 

"Well, I brought Tyler with me, can he join?" Jere motioned to the open door where Tyler was still waiting to be invited in.

"No"

"Of course he can" 

The room filled with an awkward silence, the first response was from Elena while the second was from Jenna. "Elena don't be ridicules, we cooked extra anyway. Tyler come in."

 Elena scoffs when Tyler steps inside and closes the door behind him. "Thank you Jenna." 

"Your welcome, Beer?" Jenna questions as she holds an unopened bottle of bear to him. He looks at it hesitantly, not sure if he should be drinking in front of adults while he's underage.

"It's okay, plus your a hybrid I doubt one Beer is going to get your drunk. anyway Stella said that alcohol can help with blood craving. Right? or did I get that wrong" I see Jenna becoming embarrassed as she takes a step back looking more hesitant then Tyler did. Before I could jump in an reassure her Tyler took the beer from her hands gently.

"No, you were right. I was just surprised. I didn't know you knew."

Jenna lets out a laugh, her embarrassment fading to non-existence. "My niece is a witch, by nephew a hunter in training, my boyfriend's a hunter and my other niece is a doppelgänger and dating a vampire. I think I have to know." 

Tyler chuckled and opened his beer.  "So how come we are having a family dinner? plus Tyler." Jere asked as he took the beer from my outstretched hand. 

"Maybe because you got fired and you didn't tell anyone." We all turn to Elena as she gives Jeremy a disapproving look, hands on hips, trying to imitate a disappointed mother. Jenna and I look at each other with that same look.

"I wasn't fired. I quit. It's not easy. okay. It's not easy dealing with the supernatural drama, keeping up with grades, going to work and trying to find time to act like a regular teenager. Plus even if I did get fired, you can't exactly complain. I mean at least I had a job, you just keep sending mom and dad's money like its never ending." I step closer to Jere and place my hand on his shoulder to try and calm him as his voices raises in volume.

He takes a deep breath and leans into my hand in thanks before speaking again in a calmer manner. "I spoke to Stella about it earlier and she helped me find a solution where I could balance everything without running myself thin. I also told Aunt Jenna about me quitting before I did since I wanted her opinion. I told her not to tell you since I knew you would react like this" 

Elena was silent for a moment while her shock wears off. She then turns to me, her eyes furious as she points to me. "You. This is all your fault. Jeremy hasn't been the same since you got back. What the hell did you do to him!" She screams as she steps closer. I simply raise my hand and use my magic to freeze her in place.

"Jeremy lost his parents. Of course he's different. He had his weakness but now. Now he is stronger then ever and I couldn't be happier to call him family. Mom and Dad would be proud of him because I sure as hell am. You have no right to try and blame his new found strength on me or misunderstand it for manipulation. I'm leave. Thank you for having me. Perhaps we can do this again some time."

I walk out and Tyler leaves with me. Not wanting to leave yet I sit down on the porch swing. "So how have you been dealing with everything wolfie?"

"I'm good. It's different and I just got over the idea of drink blood but I look that I don't have to change. Even with the help you gave me I would still feel this ache in my bones after shifting. Now when I do shift I don't feel that. Plus with the crazy worlds we live in its nice to know I'm not as easy to kill. I mean someone's got to be there for my mom, right?"

I smile at this. Not many people knew this since Tyler didn't show it often but he was a huge momma's boy. He never cared much for his father since his dad was an abusive bastard with anger issues. "I'm glad she has you there for her. Your a good kid Tyler."

Jeremy then steps out of the house and winks at me before he continues to walk. I motion for Tyler to leave. After a moment he uses his vampire speed to run off out of sight while I stand up and turn on the act. 

"Jeremy? Jere-bear, where are you going?" I say in a worried voice while Elena, Ric and Jenna steps outside. Elena and Ric jog down the front steps when Jere comes to a stand still in the middle of the road. The others may not see it but I can see him shift on his feet slightly as he readies himself for the hit. He wasn't scared or worried since his emotions showed neither, instead he was excited. I hold back to need to facepalm. Of course my brother would be excited about getting hit with an SUV, driven by my soul brother.

When everyone sees the car Jenna grabs on to my hand out of instincts while Ric runs forward and shoves Jeremy out of the way. Whelp that wasn't supposed to happen.

Jenna and I run forward, she goes to her unconscious Boyfriend while I help Jeremy off the ground. "You okay?"

"Yeah, just a little disappointed." I roll my eyes at this and nudge him. "Piss off Damon and I'm sure he will be more then happy to." He chuckles at that and we walk over to check on Ric. "Jen he will be fine, he has his ring. Lets just get him inside."

She nods and I make sure no one is looking before picking him up. I set him down on the sofa and mutter a spell under my breath to create a temporary internal bleeding for the rest of Tony's plan.

"Thank you star."

"Your welcome Jen, I have to go since I have some work to do, Jere is coming with me." I say my goodbyes to everyone and Jere does the same before following me out to the car. 

"Wait what happened to your Camaro?" I smile at Jere's question. Damon and I actually had matching cars except his was blue while mine was a midnight black that had a navy blue tint in the sun. "She's at home, This beauty is a gift."

"To who?" In response I pull the keys from my pocket and throw them to him. He catches them swiftly and looks down at them in shock before blurting out "You got me a 67 Impala!" I giggle as Jere starts jumping around the car in excitement. He loved watching supernatural so I pulled a few strings to get one of the cars they used. During filming they actually used 5 different cars, all the same make.

When he gets inside he looks around before letting out a totally man-ish scream. At least that's what I would allow him to believe. I sit in the passenger seat before being pulled into an bone crushing hug. "Jere-bear, need to breath"

"Oh, sorry. This is awesome. Thank you, but how?" I kiss his cheek. "After everything you have been through and are still being put through, you deserve it. I know a few people." I say the last part in a mysterious tone and he looks at me for a moment before placing the key in the ignition and revving the engine a few times. When he finally does drive off he lets out a holler of excitement and pure joy that I couldn't help but join in with.