1 #

I haven't been home since the funeral and I think my siblings hate me. Instead of being there for them while we all grieved for our parents I up and left the first chance that I got. I should have stayed, I wanted to but I knew I couldn't. My powers were getting out of control and I didn't want to hurt Jeremy. 

He meant the world to me and I didn't want to lose him too. While I was only 9 years older than him I had practically raised him as my own since our parents were always too worried about Elena to really care about anyone else. This meant I had always been on the line of sibling and parent when it came to him. And honestly I wouldn't have it any other way.  

Sighing, I gather my thoughts and find the courage to finally step out of my car. Closing the door behind me I straighten out my dress. I chose a knee length black strapless bodycon dress with bluish green and silver sequin detailing that was sheer from the mid thigh down. I paired it with my deep green peep-toe Louboutin. 

Slipping on my matching mask I walked up the steps of the Lockwood Manor, my heels clicking loudly on the stone slabs. Standing in the doorway I scan the room and spot Elena and Caroline heading upstairs. Using my witch side I can tell that they are both vampires. What the hell has happened since I left?. Looking around again for my brother I find him next to the drinks table smiling I walk over and jump on his back wrapping my arms around him and place a kiss on his temple before whispering in his ear "I'm home Jere-bear, for good this time"

I watch as a grin replaces his shocked and confused expression. "El!" jumping down from his back he spins around to face me only giving me a fraction of a second to actually look at him before I'm being pulled tightly to his chest. Jeremy nestled his head into my neck "I can't believe your back" pulling away I kiss his cheek "hey bubba"

Smiling, I looked down at him slightly due to my 5ft7 height mixed with my 6 inch heels. I was much taller than him at the moment. "You look amazing, but that dress is too short" I roll my eyes at his over protectiveness, but deep down it warmed my heart. "The length of my dress is fine bubba" I say with a roll of my eyes.

Hearing his childhood nickname once more he grins "don't you think I'm a little too old to be called that now" He tried sounding annoyed but the softness in his gaze ruined it. Shaking my head at him I smile cheekily as I brush back a few of his soft brown locks. 

Taking a step back I finally look at him fully. "You look all grown up in a suit and tie" my smile turns proud as I straighten his tie. and dust off his shoulders. "You look like dad." He turns his gaze to the floor when I say that and I watch with a sad smile as he takes a deep breath, most likely to hold back his emotions.

After a few minutes of talking I notice him looking around for someone else "I'm going to go find someone else that I know, we will talk tomorrow okay" I tell him as I give him a look. letting him know that I understood if he wanted to spend time with his friends. I smile and kiss his cheek before waving him off. 

He smiles back and squeezes the hand that he had been holding the whole time and runs of out the back door. After a few drinks and stealing a whole tray of chocolate covered strawberries to myself I become bored and wonder around my movements halting when a crashing noise comes from upstairs. Mumbling a spell under my breath to help focus my hearing from the music and party around me, I listen in.

"...whatever you do to her you do to Elena" Jeremy's voice rings out in a panic. If that wasn't Elena going up stairs then who...swearing under my breath I use a spell on my bracelet to track Elena before heading outside in her direction. Once I see her I quickly break the link between her and Kathrine while Bonnie takes away the pain. I may not like my sister very much but I knew it would hurt Jeremy if he lost her.