17 #

Greta takes the moonstone from him and looks to the sky "The moon has passed its apex. Remember everything you need to do?"

"I remember." I can feel Nick's emotions a lot more since I'm in my animal form so I can feel his slight annoyance at Greta's question. Greta drops the stone into the bowl of the alter and I turn my eyes away from the bright sparks that form. When I turn back, fire takes its place as Greta starts her chanting.

I ignore all other sounds at focus on Nick as my wolf leans on him slightly. Carter was now awake and looking around confused while Jules pain increases.

I snap back into things when I almost fall over as Nick moves to stand in front of Jules. I glare at his back when I regain my balance and can tell he is smirking even though I can't see his face. When was it with the Mikaelson brothers trying to make me fall over. "Shall we?"

The fire around Jules disappears as Nick takes a step closer. I watch as she tries to escape only to be pinned down by Nick and her heart ripped out.

Nick walks over to the alter, heart in hand and crushes it over the flames. The blood bubbles as the spell continues. I smile in when I feel my bond with Nick get stronger. His wolf trying to connect to mine as he gets closer to the surface.

"Does that mean it's working?" I knew he was asking me even though he doesn't remove his eyes from the flames. I nudge my head into his abdomen happily in reply.

Carter is next. I pick up the stake from the side of the alter with my canines and hand it to him. He ruffles my ears in thanks after he takes it and walks over to the vampire.

"Well I don't recall you being on the guest list" I follow his line of sight and notice Stefan standing at the top of the quarry.

"I'm here to talk" His words confuse me. The only one he would be here for was Elena but I knew he was already aware that she would be fine. Jon would have gone to the Salvatore's in order to find Bonnie.

"Very well then. What can I do for you, Mr. Salvatore?" Nick gives me a look that is filled with mischief before he sped ups to Stefan.

"Take me in place of Jenna" My confusion increases. Jenna went back to College this morning for a last minute meeting with her professor and was staying at campus over night to finish an essay. Something I am now remembering I forgot to tell Alaric about.

I roll my eyes when I realize what he's done . Of course he had to add a dramatic flare. I look to Greta and she nods with a small smile. Nick had Greta do an illusion spell to make Carter look like Jenna. I swear Nick could be the biggest drama queen when he wanted to. The spell must only work on others since Elena hadn't reacted at seeing Carter.

"You don't need to kill Jenna."

"Oh I don't know. I rather appreciate the symmetry of three women. Three goddesses sacrificed at nature's alter."

"Don't play games with me. You'll get what you want."

"You're quite the hero, aren't you? Yeah, I've heard that about you."

"Just make the trade. Me for Jenna"

The boys both come back down. Once Stefan sees Carter's face he freezes in shock, not quite understanding what is currently happening. "What is this? Where's Jenna?"

"Jenna is on campus. Sorry for the deceit old friend" With that Nick drives the stake into Stefan's back, narrowly missing his heart. Nick snaps the stake making sure that a piece remains inside his back to immobilize him.

"No! Stefan!" Elena screams out as Stefan drops to his knees in pain as he fails to reach the wood that's still under his skin. Nick snaps his neck making him fall to the ground in a heap. 

Continuing on with the ritual the fire around Carter disappears and she speeds over to Greta, sinking her fangs into Greta's neck. Nick rips her off the witch before plunging the rest of the steak through her heart. Carter's skin turns grey and blackish veins cover the surface. 

Stefan finally wakes as Greta continues to chant, moving on to the next part of the spell before its time for the doppelgänger.  Greta draws blood from Carters body and pours it into the flames as her and Nick watch the liquid bubble. 

I stay by the alter as Nick walks over to Elena. "It's time" Elena ignores Nick's out stretched hand and walks over to the stone slab without looking at him. Stefan tries so desperately to gain his footing as Nick reaches Elena's side.  "Thank you, Elena."

"Go to hell." I smirk internally at Elena attempt at being brave when I can clearly hear her heart pounding in her chest. Nick smirks before moving to stand behind her. I watch as he turns her head to the side before sinking his fangs into her neck. 

Nick drops her to body to the ground and I feel the faint warm of magic around her body, that lets me know Jon's plan worked. 

Nick takes a step forward into the moonlight as his body starts to transform. "I can feel it. It's happening." Nick grunts loudly as his bones start to break while his eyes turn from black to gold. I flinch slightly at the noise, my wolf not liking that he is in pain. 

Before I can move over to him, he is thrown back. I turn around to see Bonnie chanting with her hand out to Nick. Damon speeds in from the side and snaps Greta's neck just as she finishes the spell. I knew they would try to kill Nick at some point but it still hurt to know Damon was attempting to kill my soulmate. 

Damon ignores me as he picks up Elena and I turn my attention to Nick. I place myself between him and Bonnie. I bare my teeth her her and growl as Nick continues to cry out in pain. 

Bonnie stops chanting as Elijah walks out of the woods at a leisurely pace and over to his brother. "Elijah?"

"Hello, brother." I howl in pain as I watch Elijah shove his hand into Nicks chest, griping his heart. "In the name of our family, Niklaus." How do I keep forgetting to tell him about his siblings. 

"I didn't bury them at sea."

"What?" Elijah freezes in his movements and look at his younger brother in shock. "Their bodies are safe. If you kill me, you'll never find them. I can take you to them. I give you my word, brother."

I can tell Elijah is having trouble so I crawl over to them and nudge my nose into his side to gain his attention. "Is it true, little star?" I nod in response and he takes a deep breath, debating what to do. 

"Do it and I'll take you both out" I resist the erg to roll my eyes at Bonnie. Elijah looks over to her her "You'll die."

"I don't care." I hated that so many people in this town where so willing to give up their life for Elena's. Elijah apologizes to Stefan and Bonnie before he grabs me by the scruff of my neck and speeds the three of us out of there.

He places us both on the ground as Nick continues to shift. I press my nose to his forehead as a way of easing his wolf, taking some of his pain. It works and he stops screaming in pain. 

After a few moments there is a jet black wolf in place of Nick. My wolf feels at peace now that her mate is here. We both look to Elijah and nods to us. With that Nick and I race into the woods. We spent the next two days chasing each other, hunting and sleeping under the stars.