24 #

About 6 of the wolves step forward while the rest step back. "Very well then. Baby there all yours" I say as I sit back on the log and start pouring out enough blood for the six of them before putting the blood bag back into its correct place. While I'm doing this Nik goes around feeding each of them before snapping their necks.

I look over the ones who had stepped back and amongst some looks of disgust and morbid fascination, I spot a pregnant female. Her bump was small and the heartbeat had only just formed. I gesture for her to sit next to me and she does so, hesitantly. "Congratulations"  I say to her in greeting, Tyson coming over to the both of us for belly rubs. 

I watch as she chuckles when Tyson jumps into her lap. Her laughter turns to tears when he presses his nose into her belly. 

"My smart little puppy can sense it" I look at her properly now that she's next to me and I can tell she's young probably only 14. She had long whitish blonde hair and hazel eyes that were just dark enough to be classed as green. "Are you excited or scared or both?" I question softly, something in me was telling me that she needed help. Like my wolf was begging me to help. I just can't tell weather she, Athena, wants me to help the girl or the baby.

"I'm scared. It's just me and I don't want to sound horrible but I don't want this baby. I just, I don't know what to do." With that she breaks down I pull her into my arm and let her cry on my shoulder. I don't say anything and look around. The other wolves were packing up their stuff to move their camp for the night. The six that had volunteered were now on the ground, temporarily dead.

I look at Ray next and see his eyes darting around and I could tell that he was about to do something stupid. I was about to say something when he runs over to Stefan and bites him before speeding off. Stefan swears while Nik looks at him with a smug look. "You better go fetch him mate. I'll heal you when you come back." 

I roll my eye at him while Stefan runs after the wayward hybrid. I turn my attention back to the girl in my arms and continue to play with her hair even though she fell asleep on me.

"Baby, come here" I whisper and Nik comes over and takes a seat next to me. I smile when he places a kiss on my temple. "Yes, Love"

"You heard what she said. There is a spell I could do that would transfer the baby from her to me. She wouldn't have to worry about anything but herself. The only problem is the spell would also alter the babies DNA to match mine and since your my mate it would match you as well. What do you say?"

He looks at me in shock and I watch as I tear falls down his cheek. "I would get to be father?" His sound so vulnerable and fragile, his voice cracking slightly. My heart breaks and I kiss the tip of his nose. "You are capable of having kids with me and only me, you always have been. So what do you say?"

"I say that I love you more then I have ever loved anything and that this is your choice. I would love to become a father but this is your body. Are you sure you want to put your body through pregnancy and child birth?"

My respect and love for him only grows with his words so smile up at him "I know It won't be easy but I'll have you by my side so I know I will be okay. Lets ask her when she wakes up. By the way, I love you most. Always"

He gives me a gentle kiss that leaves us both smiling. One of the wolves wakes up to he takes the vails from there place on the ground and uncorks one before feeding it to them. One by one the rest wake up.

After another hour the girl wakes up. Stefan had returned with a a dead Ray, his bite looked worse. I let Nik deal with everyone else and turn my attention back to the girl. I give her a smile and wipe the last of the tears from her face. "You know you never told me your name."

"Cassidy Winters but everyone calls me Cassi"

"Well then Cassi, It's nice to meet you. I'm Stella. I know we have only just met but I have a proposal for you" I then go on to tell her about what I could do and how the spell would work. I made sure not to leave any detail. By the end of it she was crying once more and kept thanking me. I offered to keep in touch with her afterwards but since the baby would no longer be biologically hers she refused.

Luckily the spell needed to me done moon a full moon so we could do it tonight. Nik came over and told us that he wanted to go to Chicago to check on something and was going to send the hybrids a head of us. Stefan takes Tyson to the car to feed him and to also get away before the wolves could get him.

I take out everything from my bag that I would need. "Baby, Give me your hand." He holds out his hand to me without any hesitation or questions. I smile at my usually paranoid mate, happy that he was trusting me. 

I drag the blade of a knife over his palm and collect the blood in a vial and wipe his hand clean when I'm done. I pour a small amount into the small bowl I packed and leave the rest for later. You never know when you are going to need a cure for a wolf bite. "Can you draw two circles in salt, they both should be big enough for us to lay in and should overlap slightly" I give him the jar and he happily complies.

I turn to Cassi and cut her palm over the bowl. I repeat the action to myself. I add a few drops of water into the bowl and watch as it catches fire before dying down. I add in a white rose petal to symbolize earth and a small breeze picks up around us for air. 

I take the now black mixture and motion for Cassi to lie down one the circles, I lift her shirt slightly so her stomach is on show. I smile at her before placing the bowl in the middle where the circles overlaps. Lastly I place a candle above her head and light it before doing the same for myself. 

I laid to other way to her so my head was in line with her feet and take her hand in mine, our fingers touching. "Nik I need you to draw a line with the mixture onto both of our stomachs just below our belly button. It should go from hip to hip" He does and places a kiss on my belly making me smile.

When he's done and steps back I begin chanting. I feel my wolf jumping around inside of my head, happy at gaining a pup. While Nik's emotions change from nervous to happy and back again.

I flames triple in size and dance in the wind for a moment before dying out. I stop chanting and sit up. The line on my stomach had turned blue while the line on Cassi had vanished. 

"Done" I wave my hand and clean up everything, leaving the line on me. Cassi stands and fixes her shirt before grabbing her bag. "I would stay but I need to go before I shift" Before I can say anything she's gone and my mate and I are left alone. 

Nik pulls me to him and places multiple kisses over my face making me laugh. He drops to his knees and rests him forehead on my stomach. "Do you want to know the gender?"

He looks up at me with tear filled eyes and an unreadable expression. I point to the blue line and he stares at it for a moment in slight confusion before it sinks in. 

"I'm having a son" He lets the tears fall and kisses my belly. "I love you so much and I can't wait to show you to the world my littlest wolf. I promise I will do everything in my power to keep you and your mother safe."

I end up crying happy tears and drop to my knees in front of him, his arms wrapping around me. I don't know how long we stay like that, in each others arms our foreheads resting against each others. We finally get up and make our way back to the car walking hand in hand, neither of us said anything because nothing needed to be said. 

We had decided to keep the baby a secret from everyone else for now. When we get back to the car Stefan moves to the back and I sit in the passenger seat. The moment Nik start driving he take my hand back in his. Since Stefan was sitting behind me I was able to place Nik's palm over the tiny baby bump without him noticing.

My mate kept his expression blank but I could feel his joy and love through our bond.