42

When it became dark Nik and I went the the boarding house to meet up with Elena. When she opens the door I double check the spell on me are in place.

"Thank you for coming." Nik walks in, pushing Elena's arm out of the way as he does. I follow after him, shoving her shoulder with mine as I do. I make sure to stick to Nik's side and take his hand in mine, entwining our fingers as I do. This was the easiest way to ensure his wolf stayed calm.

"I trust you have news of Stefan."

"I couldn't find him. But I have something else." She leads us down to the basement and opens the cell door. I see Rebekah laying face down with a dagger in her back. She was still dressed for homecoming and a blanket was thrown over her legs haphazardly.

"Really, you stabbed her in the back. How much more of a itch could you possibly be. She only wanted to go to homecoming." I squeeze Nik's hand in comfort before letting go and kneeling next to her. I smooth her hair away form her face, ignoring the pain I felt from Nik. No matter how much he wouldn't admit it. He hated seeing his beloved siblings like this.

"My poor sister. I can't turn my back on her for a moment."

"You have Rebekah. A deal is a deal."

"The life of my sister in exchange for your brother? I'd say that's a bargain. Consider him spared."

"You should know. I was the one that daggered her. When she wakes, She'll come after me."

"I can control Rebekah. Besides, I still need your help finding Stefan" Nik crouches down next to me and swiftly pulls the dagger from her back. I spot her phone next to her on the floor and pick it up, I check the charge before pulling it into the pocket of my jeans.

"I told you, I don't know where he it."

"Your lying. Fortunately, you have no shortage of loved ones. If I don't find my family, the questions you should be asking yourself is who's gonna die next? Bonnie? Caroline? Jenna? Damon?" Nik pauses dramatically , enjoying Elena's reaction before continuing. "It's only a matter of time before Stefan gives me what I want."

"He doesn't care about me anymore. You made sure of that. You turned him into a monster. Now he's your problem. And just so you know. I'm not the only one Rebekah wants dead. She knows what you did to your mother. She knows that you killed her"

I feel my mates genuine fear and scowl at Elena before scoffing loudly and smirking at her. "You do realise I told her about that before we came to mystic. She may not love the idea but she understands why. Any reaction she had while you told her would have been an act. She a thousand years old, she knows how to play someone when she's bored. Perhaps you should stop being so confident in your ability to make deals."

I spin around on my heel and levitate Bekah behind me as I do. Once I'm outside, I catch Bekah in my arms and hold her close. When Nik joins me he places his hands on my shoulders and I smile at him cheekily before teleporting us back to the manor with zero warning. The moment we get there he falls to the ground groaning as he holds his stomach.

I chuckle at his reaction and set Bekkah down on the couch just as my phone goes off.

Witchy house

The text was from Damon. "Hey sweetie, I've got to go check on something real quick, I'll be back in a few minutes. Jere went back home as well."

I teleport to the witch house, leaving my mate on the floor with his thumb in the air. I walk inside and use my magic to knock anyone unconscious. The spirts that where there immediately leave me alone, knowing full well not to get on my bad side. Unlike other witches the spirts respected me because of how connected my magic was to the earth it was the purest form of magic to exist.  

I follow the flow of magic until I'm in the basement. I see Stefan passed out on the floor in the corner. Looking around I see four coffins, three lines up side by side while the four was above the others. I open them one by one and cant help but giggle when I see Elijah was still covered in pen. Although this time he had a pair of sunglasses and a paper umbrella. 

That must have been Damon. I close his and open the one above the rest or at least try too. The lid as sealed shut with an old magic from a very specific bloodline. This wasn't something I was capable of undoing since it involved blood magic.

I take a picture of the room along with the unconscious Stefan before sending them to my mate.

With that I teleport back to mine and go to the apothecary. I wouldn't be moving into the manor until it was complete since Nik didn't want me to be breathing in all of the dust. 

I grab a necklace from one of the many hooking lining the wall, each of them either holding drying herbs or other necklaces. The necklace I picked up was a plain leather string with a blue circular pendant with the centre removed. Over the top was a brass triquetra. 

The pendant lights up as I place more of my magic inside of it

The pendant lights up as I place more of my magic inside of it. I had been storing any excess magic inside of this pendant since my magic came in. And now after becoming a syphon I created so much excess magic that I had to place it somewhere to stop it from damaging my body. I also stored some in the necklace I always wore but the rest went into this one. 

I had no need for it so I didn't wear it. I was also thinking of giving to to Kol. Nik had told me about how Kol had, had magic when he was mortal but lost it soon after. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to loose my magic and as long as he didn't use to much to quickly he would be able to use magic once more with this pendant. 

After the glow fades and I no longer feel as if my head is about to explode I put it back in its respective hook before going to bed. I put Rebekah's phone on charge with my spare charger before texting Nik on mine, letting him know I was going to bed. After showering and changing I climb into bed only for a moment later to feel the bed dip behind me as Nik climbs in and wraps his arms around me and pulls me close.

"Goodnight love."