16 #

Nick and I end up taking a detour to the hospital to get some more blood bags. When we make it back to the apartment I strip off my jacket and hang it on the peg by the door. I instantly knew that Damon had ignored my wish to not do anything, but at least I knew my plan worked. 

Kathrine was at the kitchen island when Nick pauses by the door looking around. He had noticed the difference in scent as well, along with the underlying herbal smell of vervain. I don't know why the scooby gang didn't take into account that we would smell him. 

"Everything okay?" Kathrine looks at nick questioningly while I smirk. I walk over to the fridge and place the blood bags inside apart from two. I take two mugs from the shelf. I fill each with blood and place them in the microwave and watch the scene before me unfold. 

"What have you been doing?" Nik asks as he eyes her suspiciously, walking closer. 

"Making coffee. Do you want some?" I roll my eyes when nick speeds forward and grabs Kathrine by the throat, trying to compel her. He knew about the vervain and was simply testing her. "Tell me what you've been doing."

"Making coffee" Nick lets her go and she gasps for air, chocking slightly. "Wait. Take off your bracelet. Now I want you to walk over to the window and stand in the sunlight." I hand the now warm blood to Nick with a smile before drinking my own. 

Kathrine hands over her bracelet when he asks "But I'll burn" 

"You don't have a choice." I watch as Kathrine takes a deep breath before walking into the sunlight. She starts screaming in pain as he exposed skin starts turning red and blisters. 

"That's enough." Once the words leave his lips Kathrine throws herself into the corner, out of the sun. "Hmm, Guess I was wrong." Nick throws her bracelet back to her. He could be a real drama queen sometimes. 

I gasp when I feel a dull pain in my chest and neck. "Maddox is dead" I inform Nick when the pain fades "Damon must have gone after Caroline and Tyler"

Nick looks slightly upset and the thought of his friend being dead. He may not show it often, but he does care about a lot of people. 

We spend the rest of the evening on the couch drawing. My back was against the arm rest, while my feet were in his lap. I don't know what he was working but I was still finishing the designs for the abandoned mansion in town. I wanted to keep a lot of the old character but add in a few modern touches into it. I found that while I was sketching I was thinking about a life with Nick. 

Without realizing it I had added in an art room into the north side of the house, perfect lighting for painting at any time of day. I had drawn the room to be split in to. Easels and paint trays on one side and a built in light desk and blue print paper on the other. A room for the both of us to share. 

I also put in a dark room to preserve the older work, so it wouldn't get damaged from the environment, and a storage space for all the equipment. 

I was designing a home. Or at least one of them. The thought made me smile as I look up at him. This was going to be a place where we could live with his siblings. Our home. "I can feel you smiling Love, What is it?" Nik says without looking up at me.

"Nothing just working on something. But you need to go, Its time to get Elena." With Perfect timing Carter wakes up from her place on the floor. "You go, I'll sort this" I out my designs away into my bag as I speak.

He kisses my cheek as he leaves and I grab a blood bag. "Drink this, it will make you feel better." Carter snatches the bag from my hand and tears into it with her teeth. Rivers of scarlet blood run down her chin and neck as she feeds with unadulterated rigour, black veins appearing under her now black and red eyes. 

Once she finished I snap her neck before teleporting the both us us the the quarry. I lay her down and when I step back a ring of fire appears around her just like it did to Jules who was a few feet away unconscious. Both of them where spelled in. I hear Gretta with Elena in the distance so I hide in the forest.

Once I'm hidden my enough trees I strip out of my clothes and send the back to Ric's apartment before shifting into my snow white wolf. I was bigger then the average wolf coming up to about 3" from the base of my paw the the tip of my ears. My eyes stayed their usual vivid blue.

I move to stand next to the alter and lay down, resting my head on my front paws. Waiting for everything to begin. Greta makes Elena stand between the two circles and slightly to the back. A ring of fire surrounds Elena as well making the three of them form a triangle of sorts. 

After a few minutes Jules wakes up and screams in pain as a few of her bones snap "What's happening to me?"

"I cast a spell to slow down your transformation. Your insides are trying to tear themselves free." Jules continues to grunt in pain as Gretta speaks. 

Gretta walks over to the alter and stands on the opposite side to me. I was currently fighting to stay awake as the warmth from the fire and the subtle breeze tried lulling me to sleep.

"Greta, witches are supposed to maintain the balance in nature. It's your duty to them to keep this curse sealed." I shake my head at Elena, but perk up once my mate comes closer. 

"My duty is to Klaus. The new order" 

"Glad to know I still have a dance partner. Hello my lovelies. Are we ready?" I growl quietly at the look Greta gives Nick and he smirks at my reaction. I roll my eyes at him. Damn bastard trying to push my buttons.

"I've got the moonstone. I spent 500 years looking for this. I hate to part with it." In order to stay awake I stand up and brush my head against Nick. In wolf form my head came up to just below his ribs. Nick smiles and runs his hands over my black tipped ears. My wolf purrs at the contact with her mate and my eyes close involuntarily.