13 #

Before either of us could say anything Elena slapped me. I stand in shock as my head moved to the side. It didn't hurt but it was definitely unexpected. I turn my face back to her before back handing her across the face. She yelps as she's forced to take a step back from the force.

Elijah speeds between us his vamp face on full display as he pulls me behind him in a form of protection. I gently push him to the side letting him know I was fine. 

Elena, in all her stupidity, didn't even look afraid. She looked at me with rage, her cheek turning pink. "You knew, about everything and you didn't once tell me. You're a witch. What the hell is wrong with you! You're supposed to protect me!"

"I didn't want to" I tell her simply, only enraging her more as I pour a glass of wine for Elijah and I from the minibar. Carol Lockwood kept one the corner of the room, she has always loved entertaining guests. 

Knowing that I can handle myself Elijah finally calms down a little and accepts my offering. "I came back for Jeremy, Jenna and Caroline. I did not, however, come back to this awful town to act as your personal bodyguard. Yes, I have magic. But I will not waste it on you." I sit down  as I speak, glass in hand.

She looks at me in shock before she decides not to fight me right now and turns to Elijah, as if nothing happened. "Tell me. What is Klaus's curse?" She demands making Elijah raise an eyebrow at her impoliteness. 

He motions for Elena to sit down before he speaks. She sits down opposite me with a heavy sigh. "You know, my family was quite close. But Klaus and my father did not get on too well. When we became vampires, we discovered the truth. Klaus was not my father's son. My mother had been unfaithful many years before. This was her darkest secret. Klaus was from a different bloodline. Of course when my father discovered this he hunted down and he killed my mother's lover and his entire family. Not realizing, of course, that he was igniting a war between species that rages until this day." 

I send Elijah an amused look at how casual he was being about his father killing innocent people and starting a 1000 year long war. 

"A war between species?" And we were back to Elena being dense. 

"The Vampires and the Werewolves."

"So Klaus's real father was from a werewolf bloodline? What does that make Klaus? A werewolf or a Vampire?"

With an unintended dramatic flare Elijah and I answer at the same time. "He's both" we smile at each other before Elijah continues while I refill my glass. 

"A hybrid would be deadlier than any werewolf or vampire. Nature would not stand for such an imbalance of power. Therefore the witches, the servants of nature, saw to it that my brothers werewolf side would become dormant." I stop following Elijah as he walks around the room since he was starting to give me a headache with his constant need to keep moving right now. 

"That's the curse Klaus wants to break?" 

"He wants to trigger that part of him that's a werewolf. If allowed, Klaus would be able to sire his own bloodline.  He'd build his own race endangering not just vampires but everyone"

"But you helped him"

"I helped him because I loved him. That's changed now. He must die" at Elijah's words I curse in my head several times. I forgot to tell him where his siblings are. 

"We have the dagger, We can stop him"

"When a Werewolf is wounded by silver, it heals. An Original can't be killed by anything but white oak on a silver dagger. So you see the conundrum? The dagger does not work."

"What are you saying? That Klaus can't be killed?" I have to stop myself from flinching every time the mention killing my mate. I wasn't going to let anyone hurt him.

"There's one way to kill any supernatural species. At the hands of nature themselves."

"A witch"

"No, the fairies" I say sarcastically while rolling my eyes. Elijah smirks at my comment while Elena looks like she is about to faint from information overload, obviously thinking I was serious. 

"A witch with enough power. The curse must be broken during the full moon when Klaus is in transition. That's when he'll be at his most vulnerable. A witch with enough power can kill Klaus."

"What if I told you that I knew a witch that could channel that much power?" Elena stated clearly not caring about putting her friends life at risk.

"Then I would tell you there's one more thing you should know." Elijah then shows us both his memory of telling Klaus that he had a way to spare the doppelgänger 

"You found a way to save the life of the doppelgänger?"

"Yes Elena, I did. Unfortunately, Katerina took matters into her own hands first. I believe you already know how that played out" Elijah walks over to the coffee table, knocking my feet off it before picking up Elena's white leather jacket and giving it back to her. 

"You cared about her, didn't you?"

"It's a common mistake, I'm told. It's one I won't make again"

"Don't beat yourself up about it Eli, it's okay to care for others. Even with how much of a bitch Kathrine is. Deep down she's just a scared girl. Who became a mother too young and had her child ripped from her without the chance to so much as hold her. Being cold is her coping mechanism" I tell him as move over to him resting my head on his shoulder. He smiles sadly before placing a kiss on the top of my head. 

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, pulling it out I see I have multiple texts from Jenna.

Elena in her way back to you

I'm so sorry, I let it slip that you was a witch

don't be mad

why aren't you replying 

Stella!!

I almost laugh at the image in my head of Jenna panicking. deciding to put her out of her misery I text her back. 

Elena slapped me. It's cool. Not mad. Want cookie.

To most people would have seen my text as weird but Jenna was used to it by now. I chuckle when I receive Jenna's sassy reply of a cookie emoji. My family was definitely a weird one. But I love them all the more for it. 

I send her a gif of the cookie monster eating a whole plate of cookies before putting my phone back away.